Sun, Oct 6, 6:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Plugins/Utilities every Poserer should have

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 9:50 AM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 8:00 PM

Hi. What are the must have Plugins and Utilities for Poser and what exactly do they do to make life easier? :)

Btw anyone know what ToonID does and how important the numbers?

Kaji ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 10:45 AM

Wardrobe Wizard!

I think everyone knows what this does... But if you don't it converts clothing from one model to another.

Isn't toon id the name of the material that is being assigned the toon shader?

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 10:58 AM

file_394073.jpg

> Quote - > Isn't toon id the name of the material that is being assigned the toon shader?

So you only use this with toons?

markschum ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 11:44 AM

From the Poser 7 manual pdf.

ToonID: By default, selecting the Toon Outline option causes an outline to appear
around each separate material on the figure or object. Depending on how the figure is
setup, this may lead to too many outlines. In such a case, you can adjust the Toon ID
assignment on the root node of the material, to reduce the number of outlines drawn.
Assigning the same ID to multiple materials means that the render engine will not
draw separating outlines between those materials.

page 324 Chapter 2: Material Room Nodes

the pdf manual is in the poser 7 folder along with some other documentation .

mwafarmer ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 11:50 AM

Decal Master. I bought it this morning and it is (excuse my gushing) wonderful! I've been putting decals all over the place on all sorts of objects and it is so easy to use. OK, so Vicki looks like a Yakuza gangster but you know how it is: New Kid, New Toy Syndrome

Also, GlowWorm (from DAZ). Poser can do all the work while you go shopping (or down the pub).

Mike

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 12:32 PM

^LOL. Thanks for the reply.

Lucifer_The_Dark ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 1:28 PM

The SnowSultan seam guides, they show you exactly where everything should go on a texture & where it all links together, essential for everyone who wants to make textures.

Windows 7 64Bit
Poser Pro 2010 SR1

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 1:34 PM

Quote - The SnowSultan seam guides, they show you exactly where everything should go on a texture & where it all links together, essential for everyone who wants to make textures.

Ohhh thanks for that suggestion as I'm very much interested in texturing!

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 1:55 PM

Hogsoft's CorrectReference. Not every Poser product (commercial or free) is packaged as it should, CorrectReference will resolve all those nasty issues that make Poser not find a geometry or texture when loading a figrue or prop.
Also indispensable for Poser content makers - you DO want to make a package that installs perfectly right away, don't you?

Ajax Easypose Underground, for adding easypose dials to chains, ropes, tentacles, you name it.

Spanki's S.T.O.M.P. for cleaning up geometry objects.

Objaction Scaler by Maz - for scaling up native or exported Poser .OBJ files to a scale that other apps can reasonably use, and scaling the result back down to Poser scale.

UVMapper

And a bunch of Python scripts I made myself

• DeleteFigs, a script that can delete multiple figures in one go
  • DeleteProps, the same for multiple props
  • TextureFiltering: set the level of texture filtering (none, fast, quality) for al materials of a prop/actor, figure or the whole scene. Useful in P7.
  • ClothRoomSettings: sets the parameters of the cloth room dynamic cloth to presets for several cloth materials, like silk, leather, cotton etc.
  • ConsolidateMorphs: combines multiple morphs into a single morph and strips out the unused morphs. A real memory saver.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 2:28 PM

WOW. I need all that stuff. I just hate when Poser asks for you to locate files etc.

THANK YOU Svdl!!!!!

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 2:44 PM

P3do, mainly because I can find out what the jillions of things I have loaded in Poser look like, without having to go to the top and scroll down again every time I have a 'miss' (c'mon...7 versions and they can't use wild cards?...;) Yarp makes it, and there's a free version.

Wings 3d - just scratching the surface of making set pieces, it can even do morphs (see Doc Geep's tutorial on same...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

kalon ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 2:49 PM

It's not perfect, but P3dOExplorer.

You can view and move your poser library files outside of poser. Click on the thumbnail and get a preview of the actual mesh (great for those thumbnails with excessive design). Click on the thumbnail and get exact locations of where the OBJ, textures etc are located. Claims it can display a pz3 file, but this claim is overated. However, if you get in the habit of saving a png of the render it will associate it to the actual pz3 as if it's a thumbnail.

Morphmanager (free)
Transfers morphs. For instance, you convert clothing with CrossDresser (which doesn't move morphs), you can then transfer the clothing morphs to your newly converted clothing.

Hair conversion kits by Netherworks. Although, I have to say, lately I'm running across hairs that can't be converted using this method. Still, combined with the older free kits, great for older hairs.

kalonart.com

kalon ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 2:49 PM

Got to type faster...

kalonart.com

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 2:55 PM

s'ok, I've never understood what's so bad about cross-posting...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 3:24 PM · edited Sat, 24 November 2007 at 3:28 PM

My most used tools are in order:

EditPad Lite, a great free text editor, I would be lost without it.

Dialog Box Assistant, helps in navigating folder trees.

CR2Builder, a free Poser library file editor.

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 3:43 PM · edited Sat, 24 November 2007 at 3:43 PM

I forgot to mention another little free utillity that I would be lost without, "Code Kepper". Greaty for storing snippets of poser script, and syntax examples!

bopperthijs ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 3:47 PM

*Quote : It's not perfect, but P3dOExplorer.

• Well, I think it has some bugs, but it's getting better with every upgrade and Yarp gives good support, I had a problem with it and he made a lot of effort to solve it.

regards,

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 4:02 PM

There are a lot out there! Thanks guys!

GKDantas ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 5:00 PM

This is great too!

http://www.neocron.lunarpages.com/library/

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

kalon ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2007 at 6:43 AM

Quote - *Quote : It's not perfect, but P3dOExplorer.

• Well, I think it has some bugs, but it's getting better with every upgrade and Yarp gives good support, I had a problem with it and he made a lot of effort to solve it.

regards,

Bopper.

I agree. And I probably use P3dO more than Poser. However, as an honest assessment, the qualifier regarding the PZ3 files is very necessary. Of all the many things P3dO does, almost all of them can be accomplished using another utility... even if it's more cumbersome approach.

But I don't know of any other application that even claims to be able to preview a PZ3 outside of Poser -- though it's a much needed feature. IIRC, this feature was, at the time I purchased, not available in the free version, hence my upgrade. Was I disappointed? A little, but it was still worth the purchase.

kalonart.com

bagoas ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2007 at 7:11 AM

Looks good, but what is the English version of the program? I only see Japanese! 

Quote - CR2Builder, a free Poser library file editor.

raven ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2007 at 1:41 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2709046

This thread may help with adjusting lots of ToonID numbers if you want to use the Toon outline feature in a Firefly render. A great script by semidieu that was requested by me.

Marque ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2007 at 11:39 AM

Where do you find Decal Master?

MegaJax ( ) posted Mon, 26 November 2007 at 1:35 PM

DecalMaster is in the Rendo Marketplace Here:www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2007 at 7:41 PM

Quote - Hogsoft's CorrectReference. Not every Poser product (commercial or free) is packaged as it should, CorrectReference will resolve all those nasty issues that make Poser not find a geometry or texture when loading a figrue or prop.
Also indispensable for Poser content makers - you DO want to make a package that installs perfectly right away, don't you?

Ajax Easypose Underground, for adding easypose dials to chains, ropes, tentacles, you name it.

Spanki's S.T.O.M.P. for cleaning up geometry objects.

Objaction Scaler by Maz - for scaling up native or exported Poser .OBJ files to a scale that other apps can reasonably use, and scaling the result back down to Poser scale.

UVMapper

And a bunch of Python scripts I made myself

• DeleteFigs, a script that can delete multiple figures in one go
  • DeleteProps, the same for multiple props
  • TextureFiltering: set the level of texture filtering (none, fast, quality) for al materials of a prop/actor, figure or the whole scene. Useful in P7.
  • ClothRoomSettings: sets the parameters of the cloth room dynamic cloth to presets for several cloth materials, like silk, leather, cotton etc.
  • ConsolidateMorphs: combines multiple morphs into a single morph and strips out the unused morphs. A real memory saver.

1)I can't find Hogsoft in the member search.
2)Spanki doesn't have S.T.O.M.P. in his store and has no free stuff.
3)No member named MAZ. There's a MAZL and that person has one item in his store. Not the item listed above.
4)Where can I find your delete figs/props script?

Thanks SVDL

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2007 at 8:32 PM

^Thanks. :)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2007 at 8:36 PM

Something to prevent Pneumonia. ;)

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

raven ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2007 at 8:38 PM

Attached Link: http://skinprops.com/

S.T.O.M.P. can be gotten from Spanki's website in the downloads section, under Utilities in the Misc section.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2007 at 8:42 PM

Quote - Something to prevent Pneumonia. ;)

You're supposed to be resting Mister!!!!

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 29 November 2007 at 8:44 PM

Thank you Raven!

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Fri, 30 November 2007 at 7:37 AM

once you get the hang of the material room, you will want Shaderspider (at DAZ).

if your going for realistic people, you will probably want one of Face_off's realism/skin/occlusion scripts

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.