Sun, Oct 6, 5:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: universal poses

sirenia ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 12:52 PM · edited Sun, 22 October 2023 at 7:21 AM

Hi everyone :-) I was wondering if it would be possible to "re-program" poses for say The Girl or Stephanie Petite or so, to other figures such as e.g. Aiko or V3 or so. Sometimes when i apply a "The Girl" pose to a "morphed Aiko", it changes some of the settings i made to that figure. So what i am asking here : is it possible to edit the .pz2 files so that they can be used for other figures without messing up the morphs, scales, etc... Thanks Wim

Society failed to tolerate me...

... and i have failed to tolerate society

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 1:40 PM

Quote - Hi everyone :-) I was wondering if it would be possible to "re-program" poses for say The Girl or Stephanie Petite or so, to other figures such as e.g. Aiko or V3 or so. Sometimes when i apply a "The Girl" pose to a "morphed Aiko", it changes some of the settings i made to that figure. So what i am asking here : is it possible to edit the .pz2 files so that they can be used for other figures without messing up the morphs, scales, etc... Thanks Wim

What Poser Program are you using?
Poser 7 comes with a Universal Pose Python Script that converts poses.
Not perfect, but close enough you can finish the modifications.

Content Paradise also sells Kamilche's PuppetMaster Biped, Poser 6 at themoment, that converts poses.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

svdl ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 1:57 PM

As far as I know, the Poser 7 Universal Pose system is based on Kamilche's PuppetMaster. So I don't expect a PuppetMaster for P7.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

lesbentley ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 2:39 PM · edited Sat, 24 November 2007 at 2:41 PM

Yes you can text edit a pz2 file to remove morphs, or any other channels.

Each channel starts with a header line which consists of two parts, the channel type and the channel name. To delete a channel just select the header line and everything down to the next header line and delete it. A typical channel in a pose file will look like this:

targetGeom RoundFace
                        {
                        keys
                                {
                                k  0  3.41313
                                }
                        }

For a pose saved from within Poser you should only need to delete the morph channels. The internal name for a morph channel is 'targetGeom'. Custom made pz2 files may contain other stuff you may need to delete, the most probable types are 'valueParm' (FBM) channels, scale channels, and materials.

Using a cr2 editor such as the free CR2Builder, can be quicker and easier than using a text editor. But you don't really need to use an editor at all in many cases. If you apply the pose to a figure in Poser, then save it back to a pallet without using 'Include morph channels in pose set', Poser will only save data for the translations and joint rotations, stripping all other data from the pose. If you need to save a partial pose, say a pose for the legs only, you can use 'Select Subset' to only include the parts you want.

There are some situations where editing the pz2 is preferable to saving a new pose. For example where the pose contains data for scaling channels, or data for the BODY actor, Poser will not save these, so if you want to keep any of them you have to edit. Anyway editing pose files is good practice, and you will learn more about Poser.

sirenia ( ) posted Sun, 25 November 2007 at 5:05 AM

Thanks all, i'll give it a try to edit the .pz2 with a text editor. Yes i forgot to mention that i have Poser 6 on a Mac OS X 10.4.9... And PuppetMaster looks pretty good i think since it was originally made by PhilC 🆒

Society failed to tolerate me...

... and i have failed to tolerate society

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.