Sun, Oct 6, 12:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: How do I abbreviate an external link!

johnyf ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2007 at 12:36 PM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 6:27 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm about to upload an image and would like to add a link to the original reference pic, but the link is about 5 miles long ,lol. I want it to just say something like "Original Image".
I assume there is a html work around for this, if so does that mean that the rest of the text then also has to be html!

Confused!

John.

scanmead ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2007 at 12:44 PM

Attached Link: how to

At the linkie. 😉

johnyf ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2007 at 12:57 PM

Thanks...I'll give that a try!

AnnieD ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2007 at 1:01 PM

Look iin the reply box...type your word and then highlight it with your mouse...look for the liitle blue ball and chain right above the msg area and click it.  It opens a box for making a link.  Put your url in the  url box and click ok..

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

johnyf ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2007 at 1:10 PM

It worked ok...except I decided to preview it before submitting and found the actual link was to the gallery and not the image, I then accidentaly removed the tab in Firefox and when I tried to upload again Rendo says I;ve already uploaded my daily limit, even though nothing has been uploaded. I'll try again tomorrow! lol

AnnieD ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2007 at 1:20 PM

sometimes when you preview..rendo thinks you uploaded.  I believe that somewhere in the faqs there is something to tell you how to fix it.

anybody know???

“For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible.”

[Stuart Chase]

SndCastie ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2007 at 1:57 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/service/index.php?questionid=10

Here is the link to the F&A about this.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

johnyf ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2007 at 2:28 PM

SndCastie.....Thanks, if I read that correctly, the preview is a waste of time. If you use it you risk having nothing uploaded, better it seems just to upload and if you wish to delete you can and immeadiately re-upload again!

SndCastie ( ) posted Sun, 02 December 2007 at 2:37 PM

Yes or you can just edit it and reupload your image again.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.