Sat, Oct 5, 6:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: what's the secret to...

Whimsical ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2007 at 4:49 AM · edited Fri, 09 August 2024 at 8:57 AM

this has been driving me nuts for ages, and i dont properly understand materials or dte.

how on earth does one get decent looking skin/flesh on poser figures after you import them?

anytime i import figures, the skin textures on them always look really flat/matt and artificial.......to me anyhow.

what is the secret?

would really appreciate some help with this :-)))

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2007 at 10:11 AM
Forum Moderator

Ambience!
Go to your MAT Editor and play around with the settings. Poser skin always looks 'grey' and 'flat' in Bryce. So you need to experiment. A little bit of reflection is always a good place to start too, but others might have better ideas.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

SndCastie ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2007 at 10:48 AM

The kind of lighting you use helps too I sometimes place a light right in front of the figure to make them show better you have to play with the light settings like I use ranged at 45 and use the gradient then turn down the intensity

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

Rosemaryr ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2007 at 11:57 AM

Also try adding a tiny amount of bump; some folks use a regular pitted type, like 'sand', set to about 1-3 percent.  Just enough to break up the artificial smoothness of the mesh's skin.

RosemaryR
---------------------------
"This...this is magnificent!"
"Oh, yeah. Ooooo. Aaaaah. That's how it starts.
Then, later, there's ...running. And....screaming."

Rayraz ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2007 at 12:23 PM

Human skin is extremely difficult to simulate. I'm currently playing around a little bit with it, but im nowhere near anything realistic yet...

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

pakled ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2007 at 4:09 PM

sometimes a low-level light with a 'warm' color (red, yellow, etc.,) can make a little more 'realistic ' color.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Whimsical ( ) posted Mon, 03 December 2007 at 6:07 PM

thank you, appreciate all the suggestions! :-)))
will keep experimenting with it, its just something that has always 'irked' me tho

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.