Tue, Oct 22, 3:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Christmas clothes for Aiko...I hope

beos53 ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2007 at 10:21 PM · edited Wed, 28 August 2024 at 10:50 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_395458.jpg

I created the above Sweater and Pants for Aiko and would like to give them away for Christmas, but I need a question answered. The Sweater and the pants have Morphs in them, I then made FBMs for the morphs, 3 for the sweater and 6 for the pants. When I saved these, It also created a pmd file, which I guess is where the morphs are stored. Is it best to shut the binary file off and resave these...would it keep the FBM's I made, so any one can download them and be able to use them?

Thank you for any information

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2007 at 10:32 PM

I don't know the answer to your question, but I wanted to tell you that they look absolutely gorgeous!!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

beos53 ( ) posted Wed, 12 December 2007 at 11:51 PM

Thank you for your comment Acadia

I forgot to ask
How would I uv map these just leave them as is or Planer, Box, Cylindrical etc.? So others can make their own textures>

PoserPro 2014, Windows 7, AMD FX-6300 6 core, 8 GB ram, Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2007 at 12:32 AM

they useta map these as planar, which caused edge texture stretching, but to do a daz-style texmap requires a detailed knowledge of UVmapping beyond the capabilities of the free version of UVMapper, if that's what ya got. if the clothing is not derivative of the aiko mesh, and if ya created all the morphs yerself, rather than transferring them from the aiko mesh, then the clothing can legally be distributed as a cr2 file containing all said morphs. the pmd file may create problems for some users with newer OS and P7.

vilian ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2007 at 5:09 AM

And .pmd morphs won't work in P5, which is what many people still use for rendering (after eF gave it away for free last year ;) ). Try turning off external morphs somewhere in the options and resave clothes back to library - Poser will still read .pmd's, but won't save them anymore, saving morphs directly into .cr2 (try for yourself, newest Poser version I have is P5, so don't know much about P6/7). If this fails, there's always MorphExchange (in Freestuff) - neat Java app stuffing .pmd morphs back where they belong, to .cr2. I've used it many times with success.
For any cost avoid Box mapping - it's good for boxes and nothing else. Try Planar first, maybe Cylindrical, but don't ever map clothes using box mapping - it's a pure horror for texturers ;)

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

yungturk39 ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2007 at 8:47 AM

Lookin' good!  Thanks for your generosity!

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2007 at 10:51 AM

I just LOVE these. Can't wait to get my hands on the sweaters and textures!

cedarwolf ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2007 at 11:22 AM

Oh...these are sweet.  When  can we expect them?

beos53 ( ) posted Thu, 13 December 2007 at 11:58 PM

file_395518.jpg

I made the clothing in Poser with PhilC's Basic Clothing, Scissors, Obj2cr2, and Poser Tool Box The morphs are mine (they are not the best, but I am just learning magnets) I did shut off the binary morphs so they will work on poser 5 I started looking at the mapping of other tops and pants and they are all different so, I guess I will leave the UV map alone (since I have a couple of textures already made for that map)

I have a couple of small things I have to get fixed and then I will up load them and hope you like them

Thank you for your comments

Whazizname ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2007 at 9:46 AM

Yes Aiko and I like them very much. (:

DarthJ ( ) posted Fri, 14 December 2007 at 9:53 AM

The character is cute too. Own creation or something I should look for in the Marketplace ?

beos53 ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 3:02 PM

I am very sorry...I will not be uploading these clothes anytime soon. I was going to post them for Christmas, but not now. I have ran into too many poke throughs in different poses, when I fix one another one pops up.
I know what NOT to do now, so I am going to start all over. and hopefully have the clothes ready real soon
Steve

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.