Mon, Jul 8, 9:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: Sky Dome WIP

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2007 at 12:14 AM · edited Sun, 16 June 2024 at 7:43 AM

file_395760.jpg

😄  I'm trying to export a sky, to use on a Poser Sky dome.

Hear are two images.  The top image is what I see in my Vue render window, and the bottom image is what I get when I export that same scene.

There are a couple things I do'nt understand about these two renders.

First is why the Sun Light(the big star from the upper right hand corner of the first above image) does'nt appear anywhere on the exported sky?  I understand why the bottom of the export is white, because an infinite plane was there; but I thought the Sun would shine through...:ohmy:

And second is where that yellow smudge comes from, in the lower left hand corner of the above image?  I think it is a lens flare; but I did'nt see any Sky Editor, or Render Options, to change this to white with?

eldritch48 ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2007 at 4:59 AM

They are both lens flares.  If you want to see the sun, increase the "sun size" in your atmosphere...and turn off lens flares to get an accurate representation of what you're looking at.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2007 at 2:00 PM · edited Tue, 18 December 2007 at 2:09 PM

file_395798.jpg

*"They are both lens flares." * 1.)  I do'nt think so.  You can see what needs be selected, and then what becomes active, when I want to move that big spark. * "If you want to see the sun, increase the "sun size" in your atmosphere..."

*2.)  I can already see the sun; and when I do increase the Sun Size, it is that big spark that get bigger and brighter. 

*"...and turn off lens flares to get an accurate representation of what you're looking at."

*3.)  It is'nt on.

😕

eldritch48 ( ) posted Tue, 18 December 2007 at 4:26 PM

Turn off default lens flares...you circled lens flares for stars, but you don't have any stars.  The big spark is a lens flare, it's just in front of your sun.

Rutra ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 9:46 AM

quote: "the bottom image is what I get when I export that same scene."

What do you mean by "export a scene"? What do you specifically?

I'm curious about it: why do you want to export a sky to Poser? I suppose you want to render in Poser. But why not the other way around? I mean, export the Poser contents to Vue and render in Vue? Vue render engine is far superior to Poser's and you would probably get a better result.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 8:40 PM · edited Wed, 19 December 2007 at 8:41 PM

file_395857.jpg

**eldritch48** - Thank you,;and thanks agin, for reiterating!

Rutra - BRB, later tonight.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 9:39 PM · edited Wed, 19 December 2007 at 9:39 PM

Attached Link: Poser Based Sky Domes

file_395861.gif

Rutra - The reason Vue scenes look the way they do; is because there is a giant sphere object embedded onto the outermost limits of the scene.  When you look at a rendered Vue scene you are actually looking at the inner surface of this sphere.  The map used to make this surface appear flat; and whatever colors, clouds, etc. are in your sky, can be had from File > Export Sky.

Poser does'nt have a Sky Dome, much less the ability to create a Map for one.  This has really adverse effects when trying to render acruate Reflective, and Refractive materials.  In both images the ball has a miror material; but the first image just has a background image, while the second image has a Sky Dome...

FYI - You can also export a UV Sphere, from Vue, to apply the Exported Sky Map to, within any other application.
BTW - This second image is really a Semisphere Sky Dome fFigure(free from Ajax, at DAZ.)  That is why my mirrored ball has that dark round spot at it's bottom.

eldritch48 ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 10:45 PM

I believe the question is, why render in Poser at all?  Just use Vue as your render engine.

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Wed, 19 December 2007 at 11:47 PM · edited Wed, 19 December 2007 at 11:50 PM

Attached Link: Sub Surface Scattering

file_395865.jpg

Poser does skin a little better, and it's Shader System is most handsome.

eldritch48 ( ) posted Thu, 20 December 2007 at 12:19 AM

Ah, I see.  I use SkinVue for my skin shading needs, and I'm quite happy with it, but that makes sense :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.