Wed, Sep 4, 9:58 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 04 1:28 am)

Subject: Help please with strange problem in poser 6 mat room display

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 2:19 PM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 2:42 AM

Since adding a new flat screen monitor to my set up my poser mat room has developed a quirk.

The right hand arrow, which should show the options for copy and paste mat to various material zones now shows the mat zones instead.

This is most frustrating as I make my mat poses with shader spider.

Does anyone have any idea what I have done to get this problem, and how I solve it, please?

I am fairly new to P6, hung on to my old P4 until it was just no longer viable.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 7:54 PM

Please post a screenshot of your Material Room as it is now.  It will be extremely helpful.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 4:50 AM

file_396399.jpg

I should have thought of that

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Stepdad ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 7:39 AM

Well, not one I've run into before, but off the top of my head I'd say your best bet would be to go under the Edit menu and select general preferences (I think ctrl K is the hotkey for it).

Under the interface tab, select "launch to factory state", then close Poser and restart it.  If this is some sort of setting in poser causing the problem that should do the trick, and if not at least it will tell you that it's not a Poser setting that was changed that is causing the problem.

Stepdad

bevans84 ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 7:48 AM · edited Sat, 29 December 2007 at 7:49 AM

Just grab the bottom right of your material pane and widen it a little bit. 
It looks like  the pane is at it's horizontal minimum.
Hope this helps.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 9:59 AM

One other suggestion - and something I strongly recommend - is to switch to Advanced view in the Material room.  You'll soon find Simple mode is useless for most things.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

chohole ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 12:01 PM · edited Sat, 29 December 2007 at 12:02 PM

Attached Link: http://chohole.francemi.net/

Thanks for the help, widening the mat room screen did the trick.

Simple mode is quite good enough for me I am afraid Sam

II make my textures so that they can be used in other apps, such as studio, carrara and bryce with not too many problems, but I probably shouldn't mention that in the poser forum  :blushing:

I also don't post my freebies in freestuff here, cos I don't think the friend who hosts my site could cope with the traffic if I did.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.