Fri, Sep 20, 12:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: TOXE Psycolenses

TOXE ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 5:26 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 12:41 AM

Attached Link: http://www.davidetosches.com/carrara/

Hi all,

i've put on my site a new set of funny shaders called TOXE Psycolenses. There are two movies and some images of the shaders in action. More coming soon. Read the PDF file for more instructions and advices. Let me know what do you think:-) If there are some errors, sorry it's night here in Italy and i'm enough tired...

-TOXE

bwtr ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 7:13 PM

Wierd man!
The mind boggles at the odd ways one might use them.
Great fun. Thanks.

bwtr

UVDan ( ) posted Fri, 28 December 2007 at 10:20 PM
Forum Moderator

**Thanks.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 12:53 AM

I'm glad you still use Carrara for things.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

danamo ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 1:29 AM

Cool stuff TOXE! I've already got some ideas how I might use these. Thanks for the shaders and the inspiration. :-D

TOXE ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 2:17 AM

Thanks,

I'm very curious to see what came out using the shaders from different eyes and point of view:-)

-TOXE

TOXE ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 2:21 AM

It's nice using the lens with only a transparent channel (without refraction) to create quick fading on animation.

-TOXE

TOXE ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 2:40 AM

Attached Link: http://www.davidetosches.com/carrara/blurlens.mov

This one is useful, "blur object" applied on lens:-)

-TOXE

danamo ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 3:31 AM

I like that. I had an idea for a space animation using one of your Psycholens shaders to help simulate an "alien" ship phasing back into normal space, lol. I think it would look great against a starry background. I'll bet every body who sees your new shaders will get their own ideas on how to use them.

TOXE ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 4:12 AM · edited Sat, 29 December 2007 at 4:12 AM

I like the idea of the spaceship, maybe using a wave deformer on the lens? I agree, i'm sure that we can see unexpected and original solutions, it would be nice also using other shading plugin like Veloutè, Shoestring Shaders and Enhance:C, but i havent  them at the moment...

TOXE ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 4:27 AM

file_396397.mov

Can't resist to try...

UVDan ( ) posted Sat, 29 December 2007 at 9:39 AM
Forum Moderator

I am afraid I am going to need to do some more tuts, before I know how to use these.  Carrara is a mysterious beast.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Ziemer ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 1:12 PM

Thanks, David-- These are huge fun! -Cecilia

danamo ( ) posted Wed, 02 January 2008 at 1:39 PM

Hello Cecilia, you may not know me from Adam, but I wanted to thank you and tell you I always enjoyed reading your Carrara tutorials in the late, lamented 3DArtist. It's nice to see that you pop in occasionally at Rendo's Carrara Forum. :-)

TOXE ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 2:07 AM

Hi Cecilia,

thanks, nice to see you here!

Selocic ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 3:37 AM

Nice seeing you around ,Toxe.  And thanks for the plugin...I'm going to check it out when I can.

Cheers.

"Selocic"

TOXE ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 4:32 AM

Hi Selocic,

remember you on the yahoo carrara list:-)
The basic idea behind these shaders is a plugin, but i'm not able to create a real plugin:-P
If someone want to try it would be very nice...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.