Thu, Sep 19, 8:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Free Carrara 5 Pro in 3D World! Question:

x2000 ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 7:39 AM · edited Wed, 18 September 2024 at 2:44 PM

http://www.computerarts.co.uk/about_us/latest_issue/3d_world_issue_100

Yep, 3D World #100 is supposed to have a full copy of Carrara 5 Pro on the disc. I haven't used Carrara since 1.1. My question is, how does it work with Poser? It's my understanding that the bones actually transfer to Carrara, is that right? Or is that only in C6? Will it work fine with Poser 5, or do you need P6?

Not that I'm not going to snap it up first thing anyway, of course, just curious.;) From what I've heard, #100 is still new in the UK and won't hit Barnes and Noble or Borders for weeks yet, but I'll be watching...

thomllama ( ) posted Thu, 03 January 2008 at 10:44 AM · edited Thu, 03 January 2008 at 10:47 AM

yes #100 has carrara 5 pro included.  honestly I don't remember if 5 takes bones from Poser..  I THINK, but not sure that it's a 6 only thing but I never used carrara for Animations, yet.

there is a good tutorial for doing bones and morf animations for 5 Pro in the Mag!!

but you should get it because they also give you a pretty good discount to a 6 upgrade with the 3D World reg.

Hexagon, Carrara, Sculptris, and recently Sketchup. 

FeatherDrop ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2008 at 6:42 AM

You should be able to use Carrara 5 Pro with Poser content via the Transposer utility that is bundled with the Pro version.

See the following link for information/confirmation
http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=4247

I'll be picking up my copy of 3D World over the weekend and I'll report back if there are any limitations or restrictions (but it's said to be the full version).

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2008 at 7:57 PM

California just sold out of issue #98 this weekend.  So it will be awhile still before #100 shows up in stores here.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Odessey ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2008 at 11:31 PM · edited Fri, 04 January 2008 at 11:42 PM

Hey Shonner,  Parras news stand  on 30th between University and El Cajon blvd in North Park  has em ,three coppies left of 3dworld  issue #98    store ph. 619-296-2859 ask for " Kent  " they usually have plenty  3-D world on stock  !
Take care for now ,  Michael.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2008 at 11:41 PM

I haven't been there in 25 years.  I forgot about them.  Thanks for that info.  I'll let people in San Diego know to keep an eye out for #100 there in case it has a short run.

Odessey ( ) posted Fri, 04 January 2008 at 11:47 PM · edited Fri, 04 January 2008 at 11:51 PM

My pleasure , man that area  has changed alot !

FeatherDrop ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 5:32 AM

Hiya People Hot foot from WH Smith over here in the UK and I've just loaded the DVD to see what's included. What you get is Carrara 5.0 Pro - it's the full release as originally packaged up by eovia despite it being provided under the Daz3D banner. A link is provided to register the product and obtain a serial number (you'll need a Daz3D account if you haven't already got one). When you do this, it would be the opportunity to get the latest patch up to version 5.1 http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/support/downloads/-/?product=car_down If you need it (should be included on the DVD) you can download Transposer too http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/support/downloads/-/?product=car_plug You also get the opportunity for a discount upgrade to C6Pro of 25% up until March 31, 2008 reducing the cost from $169.95 down to $127.47 (the Platinum Club Price is $118.97 but I don't know if the discount is applicable). The 3DWorld DVD also includes further Carrara/Poser content from Daz3D and Sixus in addition to other resources in max/3ds/obj format.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 4:54 PM

Quote - If you need it (should be included on the DVD) you can download Transposer too.

Carrara Pro 5 comes with TransPoser 2 built-in already.  The 5.1 patch fixes some minor TransPoser 2 stuff with Poser 6 SR3.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 05 January 2008 at 5:17 PM

c6pro works with poser 5, if that's any help (OS X).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.