Fri, Sep 20, 7:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Creating Poser Morph Targets in Ray Dream 5.5

DemolitionMan ( ) posted Sat, 14 April 2001 at 11:10 AM · edited Sun, 01 September 2024 at 7:34 AM

Is anyone experienced in working in Ray Dream making morph targets for poser. I have tried but when I export the saved obj file..lets say for the chest, the whole chest morphs out instead of the selected area I morphed in ray dream. I noticed the poser manual for poser 4 states something about obtaining import export obj plugin and mesh modeler from the poser 4 CD. But I can't find anything at all on the CD that would back that claim up. I have noticed a dual obj plugins in the plugin folder is that the ticket? I have tried to use True Space 4.0 but it is worse than Ray Dream to work with poser figures on. In Ray once the obj file is imported it is already sliced up and ready to go. One double click on any selected area and into the deform window you go. I'm begining to like using Ray Dream for working on poser figures just wish I get the morphs to work with poser..

litst ( ) posted Sun, 15 April 2001 at 4:57 PM

Nice tutorial, CCP ! I didn't know it . Doesn't Carrara creates problems with UV mapping using that technique ? A vertex object only have one UV coordinate per vertex and it sometimes makes seams appear on the texture of a model . Just curious : i don't have Poser yet ... litst

DemolitionMan ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2001 at 8:54 AM

Thanks cutcopyandpaste.......Have checked out your tut. nice work. Exporting only the body part that is the intended morph target is def alot easier than exporting the whole and deleting the unused parts..lol And Yes I think it's something simple in the exporting phase..your right will try your suggestions and hope for the best.......thanks..!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.