Sat, Aug 3, 6:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 3:43 am)

Subject: Tips and Tricks to Wardrobe Wizard 2.15

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 3:31 PM · edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 5:01 AM

Hi, it's time to do an update to the Tips and Tricks, and this time it's the newest version of Wardrobe Wizard.

First, You need know about new tools added to the Poser Plugin version. The most important one helps convert clothes to a morphed figure like V4 or any figure with a character created with multiple dials.

Watch the video PhilC just put up on how to do this, it will make it very clear on how to do things. ^^
http://www.philc.net/WW2_FBM/WW2_FBM.html

bB

Circumvent ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 6:17 PM

Bastblack
How do I get the updated version of WW2?  Thanks.

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 6:27 PM

Thank you bB. You're always very helpful.

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 7:27 PM

bB - great.  Thanks.

Eternal Hobbyist

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 9:59 PM

Sure. ^^ Circumvent, when the update for WW 2 came out, PhilC sent out emails with the download. If you bought from Content Paradise, go there and redownload Wardrobe Wizard 2, that will get you version 2.15. If you bought at PhilC's store, just send him an email and he'll hook you up. ^^ bB

Circumvent ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 10:26 PM

Bastblack
Thanks for responding.  I didn't get the E-Mail from Phil becasue I was switchinig ISP's at the time.  I will send him an E-Mail.  Thanks

leather-guy ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 11:00 PM

Is this in the past couple of weeks? Or was it longer ago?

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 18 January 2008 at 11:47 PM · edited Sat, 19 January 2008 at 12:00 AM

According to the update page, Wardrobe Wizard 2.15 came out around Dec 13th. http://www.philc.net/WW_update.htm Here's what PhilC said about the update on the Forum: ---QUOTE--- The 2.15 update is now available. This applies to both the full and upgrade versions of Wardrobe Wizard 2. It does not apply to Wardrobe Wizard 1. Addresses some small issues but mainly now allows morph analysis and full body morph creation for non-standard figures with a single button click in the plug in version. This is particularly relevant to V4, V41 and Apollo. Further refinements relating to the conversion of clothing with long flowing sleeves have been added. For details see the new updated help file, a copy of which is available on line at http://www.philc.net/WW2_help.htm An email is going out to customers. This may take a while to complete. If you purchased via Content Paradise simply access your sales page and re-download the files. Please also note that Wardrobe Wizard 2 support is now available for Ball Joint Doll, Kururu, Gumdrops, Superstar V4 Thanks. ---END QUOTE--- Sadie has also been added. bB

leather-guy ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 12:05 AM

Cool - then I've got it already - I was concerned it was a newer one that I hadn't heard about yet.
Thank you for the information.

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 12:07 AM · edited Sat, 19 January 2008 at 12:12 AM

Sure thing. ^^ The updated WW2 has a huge improvement in Apollo conversion. It handles the seat of the pants better, and it also adds ADS dials, -- so all your Apollo conversions can morph along will the crazy Apollo dials settings you come up with. -^ Also, long-draping, floor-dusting wizard robe sleeves and Kimono sleeves can convert now too! (FINALLY! I had waited so long for a converted that could handle it. Kamilche is a brilliant Programer! ^^) Another new WW Adjustment dials helps with Empire Waist type dress conversions. bB

jefsview ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 12:57 AM

Bastblack, 

with your conversions to Apollo, how have your shoes come out? Stand alone shoe props come out all mushy for me; shoes attached to pants come out better.

Also, have you tried using the ported over ADS dials on your Apollo conversions? When downscaling (teen/boy)  I seem to have problems with things not matching up, even after adjusting the joint parameters. How about you?

I usually go back to Xdresser for shoes for Apollo. I thought it was just WW2, but the conversion is nearly flawless between DAZ figures. 

-- Jeff

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 1:40 AM · edited Sat, 19 January 2008 at 1:46 AM

I'm using a bag of tricks for my nitpicky conversions. For normal conversions, I use WW2. Shoes are tricky. WW2 has more shoe conversion options and they do come in handy! It depends on what I'm doing as to what method works best. Flat Foot to Flat Foot gives the best results. I can do a shoe conversion myself pretty fast, I just scale and morph that by hand in Blacksmith3D (using the WW2 conversion as template for size and shape) and then I run the new converted obj through WW2 to make a conforming shoe. Sometimes I will combine several conversion methods into one to get an "averaged" conversion. WW2 using one type of method, XD another, and myself a 3rd way. That trick should work on Apollo too. (it's similar to hair fit trick) You can scale shoes to fit Apollo inside Poser if you want, and export the shoe as an obj. Run the obj through WW2, and you'll get a conforming shoe. The inflate and/or shrinkwrap settings don't fix ADS for you?

jefsview ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 1:59 AM

Nope. I think the problem is that the ADS Scale dial "drop to floor" doesn't seem to work in the converted clothing. I ran a test, tried it with scaling up and the items responded better to applying a pose, but scaling downward, the items "jump off" the figure. 

Other clothing items that I've converted, and then used the seed.cr2, the items stay with the figure when applying the pose. Basically, I think it's because the "drop to floor" ADS doesn't work after WW ports it over.

Give it a try. Perhaps I did something wrong.(of course, IK is turned off, and clothing isn't conformed only posed, as per Anton's rules (instructions).

Maybe it's just me.

-- Jeff

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 8:53 AM

bB thanks so much for your help in PM on this!

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.