Wed, Sep 18, 6:49 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Poser animation with dynamic cloth ;)

AVANZ ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2008 at 12:20 PM ยท edited Wed, 07 August 2024 at 4:16 PM

I did some experiments to find out which versions of Vue6i would allow me to import a Poser animation with dynamic cloth, and render it over a network. First of, I'm using Vue6i on a Mac, not sure if this would work on a PC So I reinstaled Vue6i from scratch, made a few copies of the install and updated each to a different version (289768, 290396, 291050, 292230 and 292350). Long story short, my conclussion is that only version 290396 works properly with importing the Poser animation with dynamic cloth. Unfortunately the network rendering does not work! The render does start, but after some time the rendercows on all computers crash without fail. So last night I started the render of the animation on my G5, to find it his morning still busy and only halfway. Then I suddenly realised that the network render is controlled by the HyperVue programm. It works completely seperated form Vue, you can keep working on a scene or shutdown Vue alltogether without interfering with the render. So then I thought what if..... So I copied HyperVue from the 292350 install to the 290396 folder and started the network render, AND IT WORKS!! Once again, I did this on a MAC, no guarante this will work on a PC also.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.