Fri, Oct 4, 5:30 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 29 9:32 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Answer for Dark Assembly Room

Sueposer ( ) posted Sat, 26 January 2008 at 12:36 PM · edited Mon, 02 September 2024 at 4:04 PM

I see other people in several threads have had this problem so I thought I would mention my experience with my (new, fine) open GL-capable NVIDIA card that does open GL for me in P7.
When I switched to Carrara it worked fine until I changed the Carrara default preview render from "software" to "open GL" . (seemed like the thing to do!)
 Black Room! Slow! Confusion, stumbling around in the dark!
I switched back to "software" and all was smooth again.
If you futz with the NVIDIA card settings in the windows XP control room, it also sets the carrara preference to "open-GL". Whoa!

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Sun, 27 January 2008 at 3:43 PM

I have heard a few people asking about problems with some video cards and OpenGL.  If Software works for you, just leave it sett there.  It will not really affect much in the program.  Just out of curiosity, what NVidia card do you have exactly?

Sueposer ( ) posted Sun, 27 January 2008 at 5:35 PM

NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GTO
I am pleased with its performance in general, but the openGL in C6 issue was an unpleasant surprise.

sparrownightmare ( ) posted Sun, 27 January 2008 at 5:40 PM

Quote - NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GTO
I am pleased with its performance in general, but the openGL in C6 issue was an unpleasant surprise.

I take it you have updated to the latest reference drivers from Nvidia.  I don't think there is a fix per'se, other than going back to the software renderer.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.