Sun, Oct 6, 3:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Content Viewer Apps

jgmart ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 2:28 PM · edited Thu, 05 September 2024 at 8:29 AM

Hi - I'm looking a  VERY easy to use app that will let me see a thumbnail of my Poser "stuff".

I have P3d0 Explorer - it works pretty well for my other 3d objects, but I can't get it to work correctly with the poser content.  

I recently purchased another app from the Market Place here, which is supposed to work through Windows Explorer, but I can't figure out how to use it. I've read the manual that comes with it multiple times but it's a little too technical for me. I tried to do everything I read but I just don't get it how it's supposed to work...   I'm a very step-by-step type of person, and the instructions really aren't put together that way.

I keep all my runtimes in a separate folder outside of Poser. I'm not looking for a lot of bells and whistles, I just want something that will show me an icon or a thumbnail of the model, before I load it into Poser.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks for your time,
John

markschum ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 2:35 PM

windows explorer will show you the png thumbnails if you use thumbnail view .

jgmart ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 2:47 PM

Thanks.... In a regular runtime, where would that png file be??  When I bring my runtime folder into windows explorer, in thumbnail view, I only see another folder.  How far down into the runtime files do I have to go to see a picture?

pakled ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 3:49 PM

probably to Geometries folder, Libraries (individual folders), maybe Texture folders...but don't quote me...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

barrowlass ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 4:31 PM

Isn't there program in the freebie section (utilities) called 3Pdo or something like that?

Sheila

My aspiration: to make a decent Poser Render I'm an Oldie, a goldie, but not a miracle worker :-)

Gallery

Freebies

Music Vids

jgmart ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 5:02 PM

Hi - thanks for the feedback.  The 3pdo I've tried, doesn't seem to work too well with poser for me....

butterfly_fish ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 6:14 PM

You can find your content thumbnails in the libraries folder.  So if you were looking for a figure called Amy, you'd look in :runtime:libraries:character:Amy. 

I don't know of a better alternative than P3DO, though. Sorry.

One goes into the house of eleven eleven times, but always comes out one. -River Tam

infinity10 ( ) posted Wed, 30 January 2008 at 9:08 PM

Pls try Dizzi's Advance Library for Poser

It is free.

Eternal Hobbyist

jgmart ( ) posted Thu, 31 January 2008 at 5:45 AM

Thank you!  That Dizzi's app looks awesome!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.