Wed, Oct 2, 7:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: What's the highest hi-rez V4 texture you know?

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2008 at 8:51 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:36 PM

Most of the textures I have were taken from limited view photos and get blurry from the side. Know an artist here who shoots their own reference or can you recommend a really "tight" skin texture for V4?

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Wed, 06 February 2008 at 9:04 PM

One of the merchants here, Levius, shoots his own reference photos and has a site as well.  A lot of us who do textures belong to his site.

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

richardson ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 9:36 PM

Thanks! I did find what I was looking for here in MP

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Fri, 08 February 2008 at 10:51 PM

4096; this is the largest texture size that Poser can compute.

RGUS ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 6:43 AM

yeah.. ok 'richardson'... you gonna show us what ya found?

Valerian70 ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 6:56 AM

Levius also supplied some of his photo resource poacks to the 3D world magazine for inclusion in their coverdisc; they ahve full commercial rights granted as well which is handy.  I can't remember the issue numbers now but might be worth checking the back issues.

richardson ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 3:51 PM

"4096; this is the largest texture size that Poser can compute." True sorta. 4096 by as many as you can stack. 4000x12000for example. yeah.. ok 'richardson'... you gonna show us what ya found? Kiwi manners,,, snort.. lol I needed a "special" nose texture so,,, nothing to show. I ain't no judge

RGUS ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 3:57 PM

LOL ... I thought everyone use Kiwi mannerisms and slang to communicate... I agree Kiwiana is hard to come to grips with... especially words like bloke and bugger... which sorta sums me up really....LOL... Cheers, Miss 'richardson'

jerr3d ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 4:20 PM

Attached Link: Artzone image of 39 mp camera

since i jointed Artzone to get the V4 upgrade ?! i ran across this image of the silver model and a mention of the camera used... a 39 MegaPixel digital camera... i just hope they also shot a normal texture in addition to the silver one T.T;

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 5:41 PM

For the general edification, Peter Levius is the owner of 3d.sk and related sites.

My Freebies

richardson ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 6:18 PM

Deane you b***er(bad kiwi)! I'll fly down there and sit my 270lbs of male brawn on your lap if you call me a girl one more time. I mean,,, who the hell told you I was a girl? LMAO. They are in biiiig trouble...I'm scary lookin'... And 39mga pixel images are what I'm after. Hope to do some myself

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 6:26 PM

*" True sorta. 4096 by as many as you can stack. 4000x12000for example."

😕  Where did you hear that the restriction only applies to a single, horizontal, dimension..?*

RGUS ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 6:27 PM

LOL... the things I do just to get to know people... a bloke!!!!... you're a bloke... well bugger me... i'll have to have a word with Uwe Mattern... if you can remeber him... he put me crook... sorry MR 'richardson'

richardson ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 6:38 PM

Where did you hear that the restriction only applies to a single, horizontal, dimension..? We are not on the same page. I'm refering to V4(head, body, limbs) for example. She is stacked a 4096 tex taller than V3(head and body only). The figure I'm working on will have even more.. Deane,,, It's been a great laugh for a year or so,,, and you DO treat women way different than guys. I can attest to that. It was "sweet" while it lasted... "sigh" LOL I'll send you a signed pic somday LMAAASoff

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 6:55 PM

I does'nt  matter what Figure you are working on; Poser can only load a 4096pixel texture, regardless of what you feed it.

Parthius ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 7:06 PM

It's easy enough to do an alternate set of UVs for V4 where the body is split into several (additional) maps. All that's needed is someone eager and willing to do the actual texture... redoing the UV maps is easy.

richardson ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 7:30 PM

Got it, 4096 Heya George!

Parthius ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 7:59 PM

So you gonna line someone up to do the texture? I'll carve the body UVs up into as many 4096x4096 pieces as you want LOL! Or unwrap them from scratch with an eye toward getting the whole body at the same effective texture resolution as the head? Just let me know...

RGUS ( ) posted Sun, 10 February 2008 at 8:57 PM

I volunteer my body if you like Mr 'richardson' ... you know... for teh high res scans... perfect sample actually... ok... I shuddup and get back to work now.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.