Tue, Oct 22, 12:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:57 pm)

Subject: Background Texture Resolutions...?

artnik ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 3:39 AM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 1:10 PM

I'm in the midst of working on some backgrounds/textures, suitable for whatever usage needed. I'm hoping to submit them here in the not too distant future. I was trying to gather a consensus of opinions  on what would be the ideal resolution.

What height,  width, ppi, etc. would be preferred? Is there a size limit for utilization? What would you
prefer to use? The backgrounds range from fabrics to metallics and natural to imagined textures of varying colors, substances and materials. This is  a very eclectic assortment. Thank you for any input.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 4:38 AM

I take the view that the bigger, the better. Anybody who is seriously into graphics will have the ability to resize them if needed. DPI has no relevance, by the way - that only applies when printing, and can easily be reset in any case.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 07 February 2008 at 11:09 AM

Also, panoramic background can be used for animation, be mocvin gthe background image from side to side, while animating a character walking...

Same can be done with vertical movement as well...

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.