Sat, Aug 3, 8:45 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: PoserPros Store is closing

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2008 at 7:06 PM · edited Wed, 24 July 2024 at 2:56 AM

Attached Link: Special Announcement For All Members

If you didn't hear already, PP's store is closing and there is a big sale going on. Read More Here: http://poserpros.daz3d.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=63581

lkendall ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2008 at 7:18 PM

2/15/08

This actually makes some sense. It looks to me as if DAZ is preparing for serious competition against SmithMicro.

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

jefsview ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2008 at 7:37 PM

Thanks. I tought something might be going on with several merchants announcing sotrewide clearence sales and retiring products. I didn't think the store would be closing, just getting a polish.

But it was only a matter of time, I suppose, after DAZ took ownership that one day they would assimilate Poser Pros into their own.

Wonder if the store name had anything to do with it, with SM soon to release Poser PRO?

Let's toast to the future.

-- Jeff

DarkEdge ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2008 at 7:54 PM

Yes, I am sensing that Daz is hunkering down as well. With their update to V4 (abysmal as it is) and the studio functions plus Carrara...seems they are doing a "hard court press" on SmithMicro.

Competition is good, let's see what happens next.
Micro...ball is in your court. 😄

Comitted to excellence through art.

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2008 at 9:02 PM

Maybe the name had a little bit to do with the changes. 

I think it will be a positive move overall, for the Poser and Daz Studio community.

Meanwhile, going to stick my nose into the shop.

Eternal Hobbyist

bopperthijs ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2008 at 9:34 PM

I think it's a kind of pity, Poserpro was besides the renderosity poser forum, the only one I took a daily visit. DAz hasn't kept their word: when took poserpro over, they promised they would keep the site  alive, sad to hear that at the end they pulled the plug.
I suspect they did it favour of their own, near to dead, site ArtZone. Why else would they make such a fuzz about attracking new members with the promise they would get Victoria4.2  1 day earlier than the rest of the civilised world.
Well, we all know now, what came from that: a great bunch of unsatisfied and angry customers. And it makes you wonder why they did it: the content they make is way ahead for any other provider, renderosity  included, Poser would have died a pathetic dead if Daz didn't exist. But  it's same  the other way around: Although it's free ( for now) I won't believe that Daz|studio or Carrrara (which isn't free) has more users than poser does. Daz wouldn't survive without Poser, inspite of all their efforts.
Coming back to ArtZone: allthough I joined more than a year ago it never appealed to me, the last time I checked in (last week) I had 21 new site-mail messages, starting in may 2007. Perhaps it's the way they treat their members: who the f**k is waiting for a mail from forum moderator Victoria DAZ. What do they think they are? Disneyland?
Anyway, they won't see me in Artzone anyday soon. I like to be treated as an adult, and not like some retard idiot.
I like coming at Daz ,and at their fora and the platinum club because they have nice toys and candyand some good discussions, but the ArtZone is just one of their non-investments. And stopping Poserpro is one of the most despicable things they ever did: You don't make friends that way!

regards,

Bopperthijs

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

BastBlack ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2008 at 9:46 PM · edited Fri, 15 February 2008 at 9:54 PM

Attached Link: M3 Battler

I have noticed the feedback stars on new products is vastly lower than it used to be, even for nice quality items by well known and loved designers. It made me feed bad for them because their stuff is even better than it was. So It made sense to me DAZ is dropping PP.... the traffic is not there. I thought something was up, when I spotted a new Royloo outfit for M3 at Content Paradise! oO It wasn't listed at Poser Pros, so I totally missed it! It's a cute outfit too, with a cute jacket, -- M3 BATTLER. I don't know what products Daz will keep and what they will drop! oO! I'n thinking of scooping up the $2 PoserPro club items, and sale items. It might also be a good idea to reset my downloads so I can archive all my past purchases. ^^;;;;; And what will happen to V4 Vittorio? How will an update be released if PP closed it's doors Feb 28th?

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2008 at 10:25 PM

bB - I think your account items will still be safe, according to what Guarie has posted in the anouncement thread.

Agree -  there are loads of little things I need to scoop up from my wishlist at PP.  I plan on doing that.

Overall, I don't get a sense that it will be such a bad thing for the community in general, going forward.  Not that I'm a big fan of the DAZ company or anything like that. 

The (apparently) non-happening item called "Poser Pro" over at Smith Micro - now that's the one to be more curious about !

Eternal Hobbyist

jefsview ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2008 at 10:38 PM

Quote - I have noticed the feedback stars on new products is vastly lower than it used to be, even for nice quality items by well known and loved designers. It made me feed bad for them because their stuff is even better than it was. So It made sense to me DAZ is dropping PP.... the traffic is not there. I thought something was up, when I spotted a new Royloo outfit for M3 at Content Paradise! oO It wasn't listed at Poser Pros, so I totally missed it! It's a cute outfit too, with a cute jacket, -- M3 BATTLER. I don't know what products Daz will keep and what they will drop! oO! I'n thinking of scooping up the $2 PoserPro club items, and sale items. It might also be a good idea to reset my downloads so I can archive all my past purchases. ^^;;;;; And what will happen to V4 Vittorio? How will an update be released if PP closed it's doors Feb 28th?

That is a nice outfit.  Thanks, BB for pointing it out! Royloo needs to start putting his name in the title of his clothing, or else, I'm afraid, it'll get lost over at CP. I hadn't seen it, nor was I paying attention.

Surprisingly, there hasn't been any threads about this over at DAZ. I posted a thread about some nice sales at PP, but there hasn't been a mention. And I wouldn't have know about the thread at PP, since I usually only checked the storefront there. So many thanks for the heads up.

-- Jeff

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2008 at 10:42 PM

That's sad. I especially enjoyed all their buy one get one free sales. I wonder what will happen to our purchases? Will they be merged with our Daz? And our freebies? Better redownload everything.

infinity10 ( ) posted Fri, 15 February 2008 at 10:55 PM

The freebies list will go, but the freebies which you already have, will remain in your account, according to Guarie's message in that thread.

Eternal Hobbyist

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 12:16 AM

I went ahead and ordered the history burn to CD.

flibbits ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 12:41 AM

Does anyone know if all the sale items are listed in the sale area of the store, or do we have to look through all the items to find those on sale?

BastBlack ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 1:07 AM

I feel sad after looking at all the Aiko 4 things at Daz. It's like all things not Gen 4 will be deleted.

drifterlee ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 1:56 AM

Where is Aiko 4 stuff?

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 3:27 AM

A4 stuff is already being sold in Daz store. Many of the new characters/skins are V4/A4. A4 uses the same texture. There are some V4 hair with A4 fits, same with clothes.

If your a Plat club member,  just look in the members forum for info.

I also think this PP close is for AZ. I was not impressed with the sign up at the AZ V4.2 group and get V4.2 one day early and the male morphs free BS. Which we didn't and everyone gets the male morphs anyways. That lie there kind of bothered me., the morph one. AZ looks more like a dating site than an art site.

Daz has said AZ will be a main marketing and community thing for them. So goodbye PoserPros and hello nurse AZ.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 4:26 AM

I still have not received my V4 free....I joined Artzone, but just noticed you will get her only if you "join artzone and supply a picture of yourself".....do I understand that correctly...what is up with that?  Sharen

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 5:56 AM

Quote - I still have not received my V4 free....I joined Artzone, but just noticed you will get her only if you "join artzone and supply a picture of yourself".....do I understand that correctly...what is up with that?  Sharen

It doesn't have to be of yourself. You can put any image in your profile picture that you want.  Even your avatar picture.

When you do, you will get download links in your Account area at Daz3D

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

ThrommArcadia ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 6:24 AM

WTF?  Sorry SamS3D, but I thought everyone had the case V4 by now.  What's up with the call for a pic?  I joined Artzone for fear of not getting V4/2, but as it ends up I got it with an appology that it was not as early as first indicated.  Strangness.

Anyway, the downfall of Poser Pro can only bode well for Renderosity.  The fine content producers there might some here, if not to Daz or CP (which we all know is a crap site, at least for download times.)

Still, I hate corporations running amok, destorying everything... but  then again, I don't like change, so what do I know?

A toast to PP... A fine site who filled my inbox with interesting stuff and always caught my eye....

Cheers!

Morgano ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 9:13 PM

Once the Poserpros store followed the DAZ example and pretended that Aiko and V4 were the only figures in town, it was obvious that the site had no independent future.   Besides, the presentation of the place was always a disaster.   Looking at the store was like looking at a shop window through the wrong end of a telescope.

lkendall ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 11:01 PM

2/17/08

So, when does the sale start? I have been over there yesterday, and nothing new is on sale. Just the same old sale items they've had for a long time.

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 16 February 2008 at 11:12 PM

hmmmm.
Well, I don't buy much from there.
I have always like the forums though. It sounds like they're going to be absorbed into something at DAZ...
will it be Artzone or the DAZ forums????

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.