Sun, Oct 6, 9:00 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Anyone read the Python for P7 by PhilC?

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 4:16 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 7:36 PM

I'm tired of relying on others to write scripts for things I need. I think it's time to learn python scripting. I need one now, I could modify one that out there to do the job. But why modify some elses when I can write one for myself?

So, anyone read this? Did it help you? Did you find it fairly easy to go through?

It's by PhilC so that does mean something.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 4:53 PM

If PhilC wrote it, then it's useful :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2008 at 1:11 AM

I think I'm interested.  What is it, and where can I find it?

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2008 at 1:29 AM

Attached Link: http://www.philc.net

You can find it at PhilC's site.

It's a PDF on python scripting for P7.

Cage ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2008 at 1:15 PM · edited Thu, 21 February 2008 at 1:19 PM

Link

Looks useful.  It's $5.00 off at Phil's store, as opposed to Content Paradise.

http://fleacircusdirector.blogspot.com/2007/08/poser-python-missing-manual.html

And a review.

I hope providing a direct link to a merchant product isn't inappropriate in this forum....

===========================sigline======================================================

Cage can be an opinionated jerk who posts without thinking.  He apologizes for this.  He's honestly not trying to be a turkeyhead.

Cage had some freebies, compatible with Poser 11 and below.  His Python scripts were saved at archive.org, along with the rest of the Morphography site, where they were hosted.

grichter ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2008 at 9:33 PM

I have it and read it with the sole purpose of modifying somebody elses poser script for personal use. Without what Phil wrote I never would have accomplished what I wanted.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

imagination304 ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2008 at 1:57 AM

Is it electronic or physical delivery?

markschum ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2008 at 2:10 AM

The pdf file on Poser Python methods thats supplied covers a lot of Phils document. What he adds however is some very useful information on the structure of a python program and how to do things like if staements and loops . He also provides working example scripts that can be used as the base of a program .

If you have a programming background in C you can dig the information out of the python documentation from python.org. If you dont Phils pdf file is a  very valuable guide .

imagination304 ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2008 at 6:43 AM

Thank you, markschum.

Is it electronic or physical delivery?

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 22 February 2008 at 6:50 AM

It is in PDF format. Delivered as a download.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.