Mon, Jul 8, 8:43 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 7:10 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Post Editing Tools?

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 10:10 PM · edited Tue, 30 April 2024 at 10:51 AM

Lately I've been having trouble with the Italics button; as it wo'nt release it's control, and turn off.  Alot of times I like to quote something somebody has written, into a thread, before I offer my take.  To do so I usually; select and copy what was written, paste into the body of my message, select again, and hit the Italicize button.  But when I then slip down to the next line, to begin writing, the new line is also italicized.  This has'nt been a big problem, in the past; because I could just hit(the then shaded) Italicize button, to turn it off, but it wo'nt turn off always.  Luckily I can Return a few lines down; write something, selct and copy it, go back up to the line I want to comment on the quoate with, paste, and everything is O.K..  But even then; there are times when I just want to select something, that I've Underlined, hit the Underline button, and expect the Underlineto go away, but it wo'nt, it just stays shaded?

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 10:54 PM

I've noticed the same thing.  I end up going into "Source" and deleting the italic tags.  Thought it was just something I was doing, guess not since it's happening to you as well.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Wed, 20 February 2008 at 11:10 PM

Thanks for the reassurance Acadia! 

I think you're a Firefox user also? 

I'm using 2.0.0.12, still; because I had trouble with the Smart Bookmarks Bar Add-On, after a past upgrade. This Add-On turns each bookmark, in your Bookmarks toolbar, into a little icon; rather than with having any text, which takes up lots of space.  I've got like 50 bookmarks there now, with room for more!

SndCastie ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2008 at 12:06 PM

I will contact the techs to see if it is something on our side. Will let you know what I find out.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

SndCastie ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2008 at 2:10 PM

*"Lately I've been having trouble with the Italics button; as it wo'nt release it's control, and turn off.  Alot of times I like to quote something somebody has written, into a thread, before I offer my take.  To do so I usually; select and copy what was written, paste into the body of my message, select again, and hit the Italicize button.  But when I then slip down to the next line, to begin writing, the new line is also italicized.  This has'nt been a big problem, in the past; because I could just hit(the then shaded) Italicize button, to turn it off, but it wo'nt turn off always.  Luckily I can Return a few lines down; write something, selct and copy it, go back up to the line I want to comment on the quoate with, paste, and everything is O.K..  But even then; there are times when I just want to select something, that I've Underlined, hit the Underline button, and expect the Underlineto go away, but it wo'nt, it just stays shaded?"

I don't have this problem and I am using IE7 might be something with firefox browser.

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

Angelouscuitry ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2008 at 8:47 PM

I use IE solely for business purposes. 

For just browsing forums, and surfing the rest of the internet from end to end, I use Firefox.

For security purposes; I believe this is the best decision, to keep my sensitive data seperate/isolated/personal.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 21 February 2008 at 8:56 PM

Quote - I don't have this problem and I am using IE7 might be something with firefox browser.

Mozilla-Firefox has loads of problems with this reply window. With each upgrade you guys do some bug gets introduced which causes us Mozilla-FIrefox users problems.  Things were working fine until the last upgrade, now they aren't.

I won't switch to IE as my main browser for anything. It's far too risky to surf the net using IE anymore. Too many hostile things out there that target it.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.