Sun, Oct 6, 8:55 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: my process -take 2

johnfields ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 4:34 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 8:44 AM

This is just a little thing I did to show MY process for images that I produce –I do not think that this is the only way to do this or the best way to do it – just the way I do it-

This is the raw image exported from Poser as a PNG and opened in Photoshop for editing

I use layers to add the blood spatters and the lightning to the sword- I make color corrections and add ripples to the water using the smudge tool I increase the image size and resolution while I am working on the image –save as a PSD

At this point, I used a new layer to add a sepia layer at about 20% set to multiply. I tweak the contrast and the saturation until I am pleased I added foam to the hand and feet as well as applying a little distort-Ocean Ripple in areas I selected with the lasso tool- the image is duplicated and a motion blur applied. I use an eraser on that layer to remove the areas that I do not want distorted. I add a line of color at the separation line between shadow on her face and neck and kick up the shadows and highlights on her skin and clothes

In the final image, I add noise and textures as well as final tweaks with the contrast, saturation tools. I add textures to the image with low opacity and use a tablet to apply these as need. I use the smudge tool to pull the splashes up around her feet and hand and I add more highlights and shadows to the water. These is when I blow the picture up large and go over it looking for flaws and errors I can fix and I add as needed. Last step is to –save for web I use the Optimize to file size and set the max as 512K (rendo max) and it does the rest – finally save as a jpg and upload it to Rendo – Ta-Da. I hope this is some use to somebody out there and if you have a way to improve the process – let me know. Thanks for all the great crits, comments and help here on Rendo- I, appreciate it!

pakled ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 4:38 PM

man...you're so far ahead of me...;) wonder if I can do this in Gimp....

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

johnfields ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 4:39 PM

I'm still a bit of a noob myself - learnin everyday tho

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 4:50 PM

Very impressive!

You should write that up as a formal tutorial and submit it to Daz. You can get a voucher for the store for tutorial submissions that are accepted :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 04 March 2008 at 4:52 PM

OK John, I deleted your thread as requested.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.