Tue, Oct 22, 6:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Would a body texture be required if rendering in low light/shadow

Nebula ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 1:47 PM · edited Sat, 10 August 2024 at 6:09 AM

Hello,

What I want to do is make a desktop background where V4 would be lying on her side, head resting on hand in a sultry pose.  The ideal image would range from above ankle to mid-back (wide-screen).

The result I'm wanting is a curvy siloutted/shadowed image that wouldn't be immeadiatly noticeable for what it is but still be pleasant to look at.  (Plus, it would keep me from getting into trouble at work! lol)

I would like to be able to see a subtle skin tone that would diffuse the lighting.  I don't want just a smooth surface.  I want it to look 'girl'.  I have textures and all but I didn't know if going the whole route is necessary in such low light conditions.

Thanks for any help!

Nebula

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 06 March 2008 at 2:13 PM

Try it and see which you prefer.  Keep in mind that a lot of newer packages use some kind of shader technique so you may find they respond to lighting in ways you didn't expect.

All it's going to cost you is a little time.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.