Mon, Oct 21, 11:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Water â la Terragen?

Xpleet ( ) posted Sat, 08 March 2008 at 8:54 PM · edited Sat, 19 October 2024 at 5:40 PM

What I'm missing the most in Vue right now is the TerraGen style water.

High reflections through bumpmaps take a hell lot of time and I know Vue can render incredibly fast if the scene is right.

The guys from Terrapak made quite the water I want it to look like on my terrains. http://www.altuit.com/webs/altuit2/TerraPakCover/1_big_big_big.jpg

but actually I want to make it on my own or get it free :P

bruno021 ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 4:06 AM

Try changing the bump function, which is driven by  a basic repeater, for a true fractal, and tweak both fractal & material sizes.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 2:45 AM

I often grab water objects from Bryce because they look so good.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 11:47 AM

How do you grab water objects from Bryce? Are you talking about Bryce Mat files? If so, what method do you use so you don't lose detail, etc?* * I have tried various ways and have not been happy with any. I'd like to use some of the Bryce mats in Vue.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 1:32 AM

I meant the OBJ export of water meshes from Bryce.  Sometimes I include the material with the object during export if I want dark water that is reflecting a sunset.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.