Thu, Oct 10, 2:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 07 10:52 pm)

Subject: transparent sky?

LonRanger ( ) posted Sun, 09 March 2008 at 11:37 PM · edited Thu, 10 October 2024 at 2:16 PM

Hi,

I own Vue 5 Infinite.  I am creating an ocean storm animation but ma not able to really get the sky I want.  Is there any way to just remove the sky (make it transparent) from my Vue 5 animation so that I can bring my animation into After Effects and composite a sky there using Aurora Sky?

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 2:00 AM

I am not sure about Vue 5 (anymore). Have you checked to save your animation as png or tif sequence with embedded transparency? This should do what you want.

Otherwise, render masks with the animation and mask the sky out then in AE.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

LonRanger ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 3:40 AM

I typically render my animations as image sequences (png or tif), but if I have a sky in the scene, then it is still not transparent.  How can I create a scene with a transparent sky?

AboranTouristCouncil ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 4:24 AM

Why not use an alpha plane with the sky you want? Thomas Krahn has a great tutorial on how to do this: http://www.thomaskrahn.com/Tutorials.How_to_use_photos_for_skies.htm
Or use a massive alpha plane that is a 'blue' or 'green' screen?

...Insert some witty or thought provoking comment here...

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 4:23 PM

You can't create a transparent sky, but what you can do, is save the global alpha render and use it to mask out the sky in AE.

LonRanger ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 8:09 PM

Well...I don't know how this happened, but I just rendered a few seconds of my animation (a scene containing moving waves, a mountain and a sky) as a png image sequence and the sky is transparent! (when I opened it and played it in After Effects)

bruno021 ( ) posted Tue, 11 March 2008 at 4:16 AM

Cool!
Now how did you do it? Did you check "embedded transparency in your png options?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.