Mon, Sep 9, 8:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 6:38 am)

Subject: copy material to all shortcut?

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 11:35 AM · edited Fri, 19 July 2024 at 5:30 AM

ok i know this was possible in P6 but i have forgotten how, and want to use it in P7, But how do you select a material from the library so that it is applied to all the material zones??? instead of having to click on each material zone then on the material, which is annoying...lol

oh if you have any other tips for P7 please post..

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 12:39 PM

its in the right click menu.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 1:27 PM

i noticed in the wacros menu in the material room that it says "shift click to apply action to all materials of current object"
But this only applies the material to one zone, not all of them. as for the right click menu, ???? right click where???? on the material all i get is add to collection

svdl ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 1:59 PM

Here's how you do it:

• right-click any node in the Material window;
  • choose "Select All"
  • right-click the title bar of the root node
  • choose "Apply to all"
    This copies the current material node setup to all materials of the current object.
    Copying does not remove the nodes that already existed in the other materials, it just detaches them. If you want to get rid of those "orphaned" nodes:
  • shift-click the "Remove detached nodes" wacro button

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 2:04 PM

there may also be a python script which does this.  we'll await word on when it will become
available.  I've found that trying to use the poser 7 material room for this function is
unreliable.

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 2:11 PM

shader spider also has an additional one that always works 100%

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 2:34 PM

Thankyou all for your help.
And thankyyou again SVDL who still has all the answers to my questions... :)

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 2:37 PM

Quote - i noticed in the wacros menu in the material room that it says "shift click to apply action to all materials of current object"
But this only applies the material to one zone, not all of them. as for the right click menu, ???? right click where???? on the material all i get is add to collection

oops, sorry. It is basicly any where in the node area. and you'll need to do the "select all" like svdl said.

the shift click thing only applies to the wacros. so for example if you hold down shift and hit the "remove detached nodes" wacro, it will remove all detached nodes from all the material zones of the currently selected item.

Shader spider can do it too, and I have a wacro called "copyMat" that i don't remember where i got, but it will pull up a dialog that will let you select the source and destination(s) material zones for copying a material

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

Gareee ( ) posted Mon, 10 March 2008 at 4:58 PM

I think ther eis also a free wacro on the shader spider webpage for the copy all wacro they provide.

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.