Sat, Sep 21, 3:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: just got CS3 Extended...questions about 3d model painting

willowdream ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2008 at 8:53 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 3:28 AM

I like to make my own textures for some of the poser clothing and figures... and was fiddling around with the 3d painting in photoshop last night... has anyone successfully created textures for poser objects using the 3d painting method? or should I just go back to the tried and true way of painting the maps?

jerr3d ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2008 at 5:21 PM

i think it was Poser4 that came with its own 3d painting app. Can't recall the name of it. You imported the object file, painted on it, then exported a new obj for use with your map!

willowdream ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2008 at 5:57 PM

I'm actually more interested in the capabilities of photoshop extended's 3d painting.

I dont have any issue continuing to do things my old fashioned tried and true way...texturing the flat maps...but if I can do the 3d texture right on the 3d model in photoshop life would be soooo much easier :)

areno ( ) posted Wed, 12 March 2008 at 10:59 PM

O.K. I really haven't fooled around with it much myself but when you're importing your model it's also importing the flat texture map which is what you paint on and then when you save it you can then view it on your model with Photoshop. In other words you can't paint directly on your model in a 3d view ala BodyPaint3d. At this point Photoshop's 3d capabilities are very rudimentary  and mostly only truely useful for compositing a 3d model into a 2d scene.

willowdream ( ) posted Thu, 13 March 2008 at 8:35 AM

TY Areno, That is the same thing that I noticed, I was just wondering if I had missed something :)

I am happy they have added 3d painting capabilities :) I can't wait to see what they do with it in future releases :)

ysvry ( ) posted Wed, 19 March 2008 at 9:45 PM

that program was called 3d paint by metacreations for itstime quite good.
now u can use blender its free.

for some free stuff i made
and for almost daily fotos

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.