Mon, Oct 21, 9:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: New ways to combine existing figure maps to make new characters.

byAnton ( ) posted Sun, 23 March 2008 at 7:52 PM · edited Wed, 28 August 2024 at 2:25 PM

Hi again.

Here is another really fun way to get new textures from existing ones. You use a bump map, as an alpha map, to define how two different texture maps are blended.

In these examples we are using Apollo's default African map, Captain Quint for Apollo (here at Rendo). and the bump maps for each.

In this image we are using Captian Quint's bump as the alpha map defining the blend.

In the next example, we are reversiing the imputs and using Apollo's bump map to define the blending of the two maps.

Please experiment and post any pics. This technique should be hugely successful for female figure textures especially. You can get brand new looks with what you already have

Cheers,
Anton

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 23 March 2008 at 8:06 PM

Brilliant idea, Anton.  I would have never thought of that one.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

infinity10 ( ) posted Sun, 23 March 2008 at 8:37 PM

bookmarrrrrk

cool

Eternal Hobbyist

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 23 March 2008 at 9:33 PM

Leave it up to Anton to come up with something new and clever :D

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

pjz99 ( ) posted Sun, 23 March 2008 at 9:45 PM

Yeah this is a smart trick.  I'm actually doing something similar with the orcish character JJ and I are working, although we came up with a concept of just using a separate hair map that is blended with both color and bump map - trans mapped eyebrows and pubic hair were the main idea although we're leaving the capability for hair map(s) for the entire body, if you just gotta have those hairy arms and legs.  Same for body paint.

My Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.