Tue, Sep 24, 12:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 12:13 pm)

Subject: Saving clothing parameter adjustments

Lindsey ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 1:27 AM · edited Sat, 27 July 2024 at 6:02 PM

Forgive me if this has been answered before, I performed a forum search and couldn't find an answer.  

I've been very pleased with converting clothing with Wardrobe Wizard 2.  I add and conform the converted clothing to a figure.  I use the parameter dials on the "Body" and make it fit perfectly to the figure.  The problem is I can save the adjusted clothing to the Figures library, but when I load the clothing, it looks perfectly adjusted, providing the figure is in the same pose as when the clothing was saved, but as soon as I conform the clothing, all the parameter adjustment dials reset to 0 and I then have to fiddle with the adjustment dials again.  

I've tried to spawn a figure (clothing) morph target, resave the clothing, but after I conform the clothing and set the new morph target to 1.0, the clothing does not reshape/parameter dials don't move.

I've also tried to save a "clothing" pose, but when I apply the pose, the parameter dials don't move either.

The only work-around I've found is to save the figure and it's adjusted clothing as a Poser (6) scene (pz3), but there must be an easier way to save the clothing parameter settings so they can be re-applied..   Am I doing something wrong?

TIA

Lindsey

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 2:15 AM

Try this:-

Load the clothing.
Select the clothing BODY
Go to the Poser Edit menu and select Copy.
Conform the clothing to the figure. (Poser 7 resets all the clothing morph dials to zero which is not helpful, previous versions did not.)
Reselect the clothing BODY.
Go to the Poser Edit menu and select Paste.

Your original settings will be then reapplied to the clothing.

Hope that helps.

lesbentley ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 11:19 AM

Here is another thing you could try. I don't have P7, so I can't test this myself. P7 may not be resetting the dials to zero, it may be resetting them to the 'initValue' (which is probably zero). This is just a guess, I may be wrong, but with the clothing selected, try Memorize > Figure (Alt+Ctrl+F), before saving. It's worth a try, it might work.

Lindsey ( ) posted Mon, 31 March 2008 at 1:40 PM

PhilC's suggestion worked like a charm in Poser 6!  

I also found PhilC's video on his Wardrobe Wizard 2 support forum on adding a character's full body morph to the converted clothing item which makes fitting the clothing so much easier with minimal parameter adjustments.

I really appreciate both responses.

Lindsey

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.