Wed, Sep 18, 8:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Anyone seen a Barcolounger?

SeanMartin ( ) posted Fri, 11 April 2008 at 11:33 AM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 10:01 PM

One of those 60-era faux-leather chairs with the swing-up footrest? Free or pay doesnt matter; even better if it can be animated. For a mindless little project I'm working on, and if my modelling skills were better, I'd make the silly thing myself. Any hints appreciated.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2008 at 12:52 PM

file_404018.jpg

I have a 'comfy chair' I made for a pic recently; ugly pattern, and on Production mode it frumps up quite nicely..;) no doilies on in, but hey, it's free. No swing-up foot rest, I'd have to know how to make bones for that. If you want to see what it looks like...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2008 at 3:14 PM

Can you give me a picture?  Furniture is fun for me to model, I wouldn't mind.

My Freebies

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2008 at 3:45 PM

Attached Link: http://barcalounger.com/products/VintageMedium.php#Addison

Something like the Addison, except that rather than visible legs it would go all the way to the floor.

Look at the Theatre Seating on the same site (I think they call it the Main Attraction): there's three of them linked together.

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 12 April 2008 at 3:51 PM

I think I can do that, give me a day or two and I'll get back to you :)

My Freebies

SeanMartin ( ) posted Sun, 13 April 2008 at 10:08 AM

That's much appreciated. Thanks.

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2008 at 9:56 AM

Now that this is squared away, let's see about that comfy chair cracks knuckles

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2008 at 11:42 AM · edited Mon, 14 April 2008 at 11:43 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_404174.jpg

How's that.  Naked guy optional but I can get you a discount.

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2008 at 11:44 AM

file_404175.jpg

Back view...

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2008 at 11:48 AM

file_404176.jpg

The chair unoccupied ... 11568 polys, a little high but eh ^_^ It will render at least this good in Poser.  Do you want it with a good UVmap so you can texture it, or is procedural textures OK?  Right now it isn't finalized so it's easy to do either.

My Freebies

SeanMartin ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2008 at 11:54 AM

It looks great, save for one small thing. A Barcalounger folds back like a recliner, with the foot rest that swings up from the front. I realize that ups the issue in terms of complexity, and if you dont want to continue, that's fine with me. I appreciate the effort to date -- it looks wonderful.

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2008 at 12:02 PM

Ouch, making it poseable is quite a bit more work than I thought you wanted.  Happy to give you this, not so excited to rig it.  Do you want it cut in the front where the foot rest would pop out in case you decide to try that on your own?  Also do you want it mapped (that's easy)?

My Freebies

SeanMartin ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2008 at 12:34 PM

That's be great, thanks. I'll PM my email.

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2008 at 1:44 PM

unfortunately I can't keep my eyes open any longer, and there's maybe another hour of stuff to do, so I'm gonna go pass out.  after I get some sleep I'll put it up on my file locker space here and pm you a link to download from :) also will submit it to freebies here.

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 14 April 2008 at 10:09 PM

file_404208.jpg

Where were we.  Added the footrest and I think that's all for the model itself.  I will make a stab at getting it poseable out but don't get your hopes up.

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2008 at 12:08 AM · edited Tue, 15 April 2008 at 12:11 AM

file_404217.jpg

Upholstery done (UVmap)

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2008 at 12:14 AM · edited Tue, 15 April 2008 at 12:14 AM

file_404219.jpg

Imported to Poser ... at the very minimum you'll get this, and it will render just this way (all I did was set Quality slider to final, standard lighting and a procedural leather texture) but I'm gonna go ahead and try to rig it.

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2008 at 5:33 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_404229.jpg

... and reasonably rigged, the back reclines (bend on) and the foot rest swings out (bend off so it doesn't deform).  Comfy enough?

My Freebies

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2008 at 5:35 AM

Wow.

Sir, you rock.

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2008 at 5:41 AM

file_404230.jpg

the lounger at zero pose.

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2008 at 5:41 AM

Oh I take it you like it then :)  I'll get it uploaded in a minute. 

My Freebies

ghonma ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2008 at 5:45 AM

That's some sweet modeling right there, and judging from your UVs, pretty light as well.

Nice work :)

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2008 at 5:55 AM

Naw it ended up about 11k polys, a lot more than it really needed to be but on the other hand this will not freak out with Poser's polygon smoothing.  I did the UVmap at 1x subdivision, the final model is 2x, that's why it looks simple.  I did try going to Poser with the lower poly version but it didn't smooth well and I'm not motivated enough to really tighten it up, I mean hopefully people won't want to load 50 of them in a scene or something crazy.

My Freebies

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2008 at 6:13 AM

Uploading it to freebies but you can have it now from this link (takes about a day to get approved):
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/rrfilelock/download.php?fileid=33678&key=4370

My Freebies

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2008 at 11:50 AM

Absolutely freaking perfect!!!

Many, many thanks!!!

pjz99 ( ) posted Tue, 15 April 2008 at 11:57 AM

Sure, have fun :)

My Freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.