Sat, Sep 21, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: the vtc tutorial

patboudrum ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2008 at 9:45 AM · edited Sat, 07 September 2024 at 11:33 AM

Hello,

Would like to know if the vtc tutorials on Carrara 6 Pro are good?

And if you take the monthly access, can you save the videos on your hard drive? (sorry but I find that 99.95$ is a little bit high for a cd tutorials)

Thank you

GKDantas ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2008 at 10:14 AM

Hi Patboudrum, the tutorials are excellent and I will sign for a month this week. Using your monthly account you cant save the videos to your harddrive... just look at the free part and this is what you get with your monthly.

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

Chrisdmd ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2008 at 11:04 AM

The C6Pro training vids by Mark are excellent. I too joined for the month and will watch them all in that time. But I am also thinking of buying it as a reference. It might seem alittle high in cost but this is worth it (and I have bought alot of video training CDs/DVDs) over the years.
You won't go wrong either way.

Sueposer ( ) posted Mon, 21 April 2008 at 3:02 PM

Getting the monthly subscription also buys access to all the other courses they teach: photoshop, poser, etc. Very handy for those who use multiple programs.
The tutorials have lots of examples. Worth a thousand words! When viewing, I use the flash video option. Quick Time is a pain on my system, but flash always works.
The C6 video includes lots of tips and tricks and is divided into sections. Some of the sections can be watched out of sequence (shaders, for example).

graylensman ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 8:07 AM

I'll also point out that (so far- I'm only halfway through Disc 1) each segment is reasonably short - in the five to seven minute range. However, Mark does a great job of giving you complete information.

I went with purchasing the discs because (1) The Lords of Bandwidth at work have cut off streaming media, and (2) at home I have a dial-up connection. But even without those restrictions, I probably still would purchase the set.

RadioGuy ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 12:04 PM

They are not just good but Great!!!.   Well worth it. 

Cheers

Pinklet ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 12:32 PM

I wish I had time to watch them. With my schedule, I think I would be better off buying the set then dealing with the 30 subscription. But I am very tempted to do it.

Dwarg ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 3:02 PM

I recently purchased and viewed the VTC tutorials and I though they were well worth it.  I'm switching over from another program and I needed to get up to speed quickly.  The tutorials on Shaders were the most important to me and worth the cost by themselves.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.