Sun, Oct 6, 6:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Is there a way to select figures without moving them?

linkdink ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 2:10 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 10:45 AM

Is there any way in P6 -- feature, script, hack, whatever -- to select a figure or prop with the mouse by clicking on it directly without moving the figure? You know, when you click on a figure accidentally you can twist it horribly and throw it off the screen in a millesecond...

I don't mean "lock figure." I mean allowing the mouse to select but not move anything. Possible?

Gallery

lesbentley ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 2:43 PM

Not that I know of. In P6, I usually use the two dropdown menus, on upper right of the document (render) window.

Daymond42 ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 3:14 PM

I just have a very still hand.. can't say I move the character accidentally all that often. c.c

Currently using Poser Pro 2012 (Display Units = feet)

AMD Phenom II 3.2ghz (6 cores)

8gb RAM

Windows 10 Pro 64bit

Paloth ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 3:22 PM

Not that I know of. In P6, I usually use the two dropdown menus, on upper right of the document (render) window. It was in Poser 5 and it's in Poser 7 so I'm sure Poser 6 has it. Another option might be to select the figure in the hierarchy list?

Download my free stuff here: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=2&userid=323368

stewer ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 3:33 PM

I know it won't help you much, but for Poser 7 users having the same problem, the right-click in the scene is a good method for selecting without changing.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 3:55 PM

If you keep your hierarchy editor open, you can select body parts there by clicing on their name.
This is if you don't like the drop down menu.

Also, if you select a body part, and you think you accidentally nudged it, hit a quick CTRL+Z (undo). It'll undo any movement, but the body part you just selected will stay selected. (At least, in P7 it will)   HTH  :)

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 4:34 PM

they don't move when I click on 'em (P7X).  mouse is on a pad.  maybe if it's on a slippery
surface and click-speed is set too slow ........ or bad mouse cable/connexion.

bantha ( ) posted Tue, 22 April 2008 at 11:53 PM

I thinkt the easiest solution would be the hierarchy editor, as conniecat mentioned.
Keep it open and select your body part there, whithout moving anything. At least that's how I do it.

A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for.
Sail out to sea and do new things.
-"Amazing Grace" Hopper

Avatar image of me done by Chidori

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.