Sat, Aug 3, 12:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: I need a modeler for assorted terracotta pots - tree size pots... for $

BillyGoat ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2008 at 8:06 PM · edited Sat, 03 August 2024 at 12:14 AM

I can't find really nice pottery anywhere...  I want tree-size terracotta pots that I can scale up or down without problems. 

I need big pots and have some reference pics.

An assortment of styles (maybe 5 - 7) would be fine. I don't need textures.
It's worth $20.00 just to be able to scale them.

It's for Vue 6

Thank you!
BillyGoat

AboranTouristCouncil ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2008 at 9:17 PM

Cornucopia had some roman style pots that worked well for several of my renders (Scaled them rather large)
here's a plain terracotta pot: http://www.chromesphere.com/3dmodels.html
A few fancier ones: http://www.3dcommune.com/3d/freeview.mv?3DC_Model_Bank+yNigOyNPp+1142028602
Lots of them out there, just look for OBJ or 3DS files.

...Insert some witty or thought provoking comment here...

Trepz ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2008 at 9:29 PM

file_404865.JPG

Do you mean these kind of pots?

"Many are willing to suffer for their art. Few are willing to learn to draw."

garyandcatherine ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2008 at 9:33 PM

I would be happy to model some for you for a few $$ but you might want to try looking around for some freebies.  There are plenty of them out there and you will be able to save a few greenbacks.

G

BillyGoat ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2008 at 10:19 PM

file_404874.jpg

Trepz - yes something like that... I want large, fat urns, and round squat ones.  Some have handles for decoration.

I found pots, but they weren't big enough for a tree... Like palms. 

I can use primitives, but it's not the same.  This calls for the keen eye.

AboranTouristCouncil ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2008 at 10:22 PM

Quote - Do you mean these kind of pots?

Nice assortment! Make them yourself, or where did you get them?

...Insert some witty or thought provoking comment here...

BillyGoat ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2008 at 10:34 PM

Thank you so much for the links! 
I searched every possible combination for pots. Found pictures, but only 2 or 3 looked okay.

Again, Thank you!

Trepz ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2008 at 10:41 PM

@ **AboranTouristCouncil no man,I just did a search fpr Terracotta pots on thr net.These would be VERY simple to make though no problem at all.

Trepz ( ) posted Thu, 24 April 2008 at 10:42 PM

BillyGoat,I am not sure why you say there not big enoigh for trees.Can you not just resize them in the X,Y,Z, till you get what you want?

BillyGoat ( ) posted Fri, 25 April 2008 at 6:35 PM

Years ago I bought a set of pots by Ozzfest. They were perfect!
But when I tried to scale them up they got all wonky on me. I can't explain what happened, but they lost the shape (urn) and got all bumpy.  Like it lost it's coordinates.This was in Vue 4.
I think they were .3ds, so that may be why.

I like the look of palm trees in large pots around buildings, pools, patios, etc.
TurboSquid has a lot of pots, but is beyond my budget.

I'll try the primitives in V6 next.

attileus ( ) posted Sat, 26 April 2008 at 10:03 AM

...or you could use sPatch http://www.geocities.com/getspatch/index.html ; a tiny program in which you can easily create the shape you want by making a 2D curve and then click "Lathe" for a 3D object.

Marque ( ) posted Thu, 01 May 2008 at 9:51 AM

Did you try importing them to Poser exporting as an object and try them in Vue that way?
Don't know if it will work but worth a try.

BillyGoat ( ) posted Sat, 03 May 2008 at 2:26 PM

Hey gurl! Thanks for the idea... i'll give it a try

And thanks for SPatch - I just got it.

Thanks for all the help :-)

Easom_Aerospace ( ) posted Sat, 10 May 2008 at 12:57 AM

Hi!  I just made the post about Animators wanted for motion picture.  I modeled the car and engine in the post!  http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=2739346

I can make you some really cool pots.  It's not about the money....  I'll just do it if you can use or convert Lightwave .lwo objects.  What kind of scene?  Like by a building, a path or driveway?  A row of them maybe? 

I agree about the object scaling.  All my experience tells me objects scale vector style and shouldn't displace any points or polygons?  Let me know if this will help?

Cory

coryeasom@yahoo.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.