Wed, Sep 18, 5:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 3:56 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Webpage Refresh

3Dillusions ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2008 at 8:45 AM · edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 8:45 AM

Okay this is only Happening on Renderosity, if I scroll with my mouse while the page is loading it will refresh itself,

Thought it was my mouse settings but no only happens on Renderosity no other website is showing this behavior.

I use Firefox Mozilla. The lastest version.

I think this would be best asked of the techs for the actual website.
Oh and a big thank you to them for adding in spell checker :)

Angela

StaceyG ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2008 at 12:39 PM

Hmm, I haven't heard of this issue before.. I'll have to ask the programmers when I get in the office next week as I have no clue about why this would be happening.

3Dillusions ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2008 at 7:20 PM

Thanks very much Stacey, its driving me nuts, test the whole net and its only here.

If I dare click or move the mouse before the page fully loads it goes nuts on me lol.
Nice haircut, almost like mine VBG

Angela

StaceyG ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2008 at 8:07 PM

Thank you for the hair compliment. I just got it redone on Thursday and its shorter. I love it. Plus I changed the red to a deep chocolate. I love that too!!!  I've never had short hair but I do like it alot.

I'll let you know what I find out from the programmers.  It will probably be Tues as I've been off since late last week having dental surgery (YUCK) and I'm still recovering so I won't be back in the office until Tues and I'll ask then.

3Dillusions ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2008 at 11:55 PM

I understand about the Dental I had laser to clean out all my gums, YUCK is not the word for it, :)
Will wait for an answer

Angela

3Dillusions ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 9:17 PM

Problem Solved

For anyone else that has this problem Skype is the culprit.

The fastest update of skype will load a Firefox Skype Extension and this will caused pages to continuously  refresh.

Please note you do NOT have to uninstall the program from you C Drive.
Only uninstall the Add on in Firefox.  Go To Tools, then Add Ons and find it in the listing, nuke it.

I don't know if this problem occurs in Internet Explorer as I don't use this bug LOL

So Stacey dot worry about annoying the techies and making them go through all the code its another Program adding bloat ware without my authority.

Angela

MGD ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2008 at 6:30 AM

I see that 3Dillusions had "Some Good News and Some Bad News",

For anyone else that has this problem Skype is the culprit.

I have Skype (but not FireFox) -- so I'm not seeing the effect you mentioned.  In addition, it doesn't seem to have that refresh problem on Internet Exploiter. 

I find that the Skype plugin to be very handy for starting Skype calls ... of course that's not enough to get me to switch from Netscape to IE.  LOL

--
Martin

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2008 at 2:11 PM

Thanks for letting me know what the issue was:)

3Dillusions ( ) posted Tue, 13 May 2008 at 7:02 PM

Your welcome, Next Time I will Google First before going to Forums lol

Thanks Stacey

Angela

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.