Mon, Oct 21, 10:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: Which plants shoud I get?

offrench ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2008 at 4:06 PM ยท edited Tue, 08 October 2024 at 5:26 PM

Hello, all

I am trying to make new plants, using the editor and the stock ones provided in Vue 6.
In some cases none of them seems to be appropriate for what I want to do.

• plants based on the excellent specie have leaves which are very different in color from top to bottom. This specie is unusable in most cases (unless there is a way to override the color difference)
  • Plants based on the Aralia specie have the same problem, but it is less visible. (I am making nettles with this one
  • The papyrus has a very specific structure. I will probably have uses for it.
  • I have yet to find a use for the bamboo

I am thus looking for other plants to use as a base for my ones. Which of the plants available at Cornucopia 3d are NOT based on the stock Vue ones?
I have seen the Aucuba. Any other interesting one?

I really with Vue had a REAL plant creation app (like plant studio), but well...

Fantasy pictures, free 3d models, 3d tutorials and seamless textures on Virtual Lands.

nruddock ( ) posted Sun, 11 May 2008 at 5:48 PM

Quote - Which of the plants available at Cornucopia 3d are NOT based on the stock Vue ones?

The ones by Eon are the only original plants, as only they have the tools to create from scratch, all the other vendors have to base their plants on these (or the included ones).

offrench ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 1:18 AM

Sorry if I did not explain myself correctly.
I am looking for the additional "base plants" from e-on that are sold on Cornucopia 3d but cannot see which ones I should get.

Here is my current attempt at making stinging nettle. It almost looks good, but there are still problems:

• the leaves color is quite different at the base and top of the plant
  • the plants scale strangely when I use variants. Smaller plants have larger leaves.
    I am trying to see If I could use different base plants for this one or for others.

Fantasy pictures, free 3d models, 3d tutorials and seamless textures on Virtual Lands.

wabe ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 2:34 AM

You can identify the e-on made plants at Cornucopia3D by looking at the top of the description. If there is a broker name it is a modification of another plant, if there isn't one it is from e-on.

But you should make a basic decision for yourself first. If you use an e-on "base" plant from Cornucopia3D it means that people buying your package HAVE to have the base plant too. Which means that the price for your package is a lot higher than only the price you defined. It as well means your package is copy-protected automatically (because the base is), something some do not want!

The trick is to find a plant that suits your needs under the ones that come with Vue when people buy it. Then you are on the save side. It of course means a lot of testing to find one that, with the right modifications, suits for yo. I think exactly there lies quite some know-how of good plant creators for Vue. The knowledge what can be done with what plant.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

offrench ( ) posted Mon, 12 May 2008 at 3:35 AM

Thanks for those hints Wabe.
I think I will try to stick to the Vue stock plants, even if I have seen some brokers use other "base plants" for their production.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.