Thu, Sep 19, 9:02 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 3:46 am)

Subject: Bug in PoserPro symmetry command?

bluecity ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2008 at 10:01 PM ยท edited Thu, 15 August 2024 at 10:02 PM

file_406159.jpg

I've been running into a weird problem with DAZ figures (DAZ Victoria 3 & 4, Aiko 3, Michael 3) in Poser Pro when using the "symmetry" swap commands...once the swap is complete, it seems to cause some weird crosstalk in the figure (some of the morphs are repeated from the body to the part). The individual swap leg commands cause the legs to lift up regardless of the starting position (not mirrored). This does not happen in Poser 7 with the same figures and has been replicated on another PC.

Has anyone else run into this?

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 14 May 2008 at 11:55 PM

Did you try turning off IK's before swapping?

bluecity ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 12:43 AM

Quote - Did you try turning off IK's before swapping?

yeah, I did, no effect. After some more playing around with it, I found the same effect even in native Poser figures (Simon, Sydney)...what seems to be happening is it is writing the values from the figures body dials some of the effected limbs (shoulders, collars, thighs) limbs...in effect, doubling the morph.... Ockham's Python utility "swap" does the same think (is the built in command a Python script?) again...this works fine in Poser 7 and Poser 6.

I've reinstalled PPro on two different computers (but both on Vista x64) and noticed the same effect....very strange. Am I the only one this is happening to? Seems like a very large bug.

cspear ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 5:43 AM

I can reproduce this problem.

I suggest you go onto the Poser Pro forum over at Content Paradise and report it there: the Poser software team do read the posts.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 1:16 PM

I can reproduce it too but it only does it with the "Swap Right and Left" commands. All the swap from one side to the other work fine.

Can you confirm this too?

Teyon ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 1:41 PM

We're looking into it. :)

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 15 May 2008 at 2:57 PM

I forgot to say I'm using XP64. So it not just a Vista thing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.