Mon, Oct 7, 4:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Anyone know of any hairfits for AikoToon?

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2008 at 4:13 AM · edited Sat, 31 August 2024 at 4:27 AM

Sorry if this is the wrong place to to ask this and I will definitely ask on both the AikoToon site and Netherworks site. I did search both and didn't come up with anything currently available. Basically  what I'm looking for is something or some way to allow AikoToon to wear the Manga 1 and 2 hair for Aiko 3. I've tried to resize and change them using magnets but have had no luck.

ashley9803 ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2008 at 5:37 AM

I recon this is the right place for this question.
I've done a few Aiko Toon renders and the question of hairfits is was not really a problem.
Aiko Toon

IMO you can basically get any hair to fit anybody with the minimum of fiddling.
Either use the hair morphs to tweak to fit Aiko, or just resize it along the axis's you need to, ie. if it is too small or big along one or more axis, scale it . You can usually get pretty close to a perfect fit.
Fitting hair to characters is the least of my problems when putting a scene together, compared to lighting, shadows, composition, etc, which are the biggies.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2008 at 10:41 AM

In addition to what Ashley said, once you have used the Scale and Trans dials to get the hair to fit, you will need to parent the hair to the new figure's head. To do that go to:

Object Menu
Change Parent
Select the head in the list
OK

After you have done that, if you want to save that hair so that you can use it again for that figure and not have to fiddle around with it to get it to fit, you can save it as a smart prop. To do that:

Open Props Library
Make the hair the active item in the scene
Left click the Plus (+) sign at the bottom of the library
The hair is saved

I haven't saved hair as a smart prop in some time, so I can't remember if it saves  any of the morphs or not. Maybe someone else can answer that part.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Sun, 18 May 2008 at 5:09 PM

Thanks ashley9803 and Acadia for your replies. I will keep trying to get the hair to fit as best as I can.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.