Sun, Oct 6, 7:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Dynamics. Haning your cloth to (from) a prop.

efron_241 ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2008 at 6:48 AM · edited Tue, 17 September 2024 at 12:31 PM

It will proberbly be asked before, or in a tutorial.. but I can not find it and after an hour search I therefor ask it directly overhere.

I have Nikes (Vikike176) "Art Corner" it contains these fantastic Silk curtains.
(i hope curtain is the right word in English. "Gordijn" in Dutch)

Now I want to use them as such (curtains) in front of a window.

So I load a silk cloth and a primitive prop.
I want the primitive cylinder  to be the curtain bar above the window.

Now the silk has to drape downwards over other props but it's top needs to stay connected to the cylinder..

What ever I try.. it does not. the whole silk falls down... OR if I start with it high enough it falls over the cylinder.. but that is not what I want it to do...

How can i connect the top of the dynamic silk to the prop..

perhaps i can not and my wish is impossible.

3D-Mobster ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2008 at 8:00 AM

Place the curtain where you want it to stay, and then create a choreographed group and select the vertexes that you want to keep in place, most likely only the top row.

efron_241 ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2008 at 11:00 AM

Thanks.. and yes

sounds simple.. but what is the choreographed group
and where do we find that.. ha ha

FrankT ( ) posted Mon, 26 May 2008 at 12:49 PM

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.