Sat, Oct 5, 7:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 5:47 am)

Subject: adding morphs to cloth

heli232 ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 11:04 AM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 11:43 PM

I want to add morphs to converted cloth. As far as I have sen there are two progs around doing that. "Netherworks Morphing Kit" and "Morphing Clothes".
Is there someone around who has experience with both programs.
 Which one do you prefer?

nickedshield ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 2:06 PM

From my understanding of Netherwork's Kits each one is set up for a specific figure, so if you are working with V3 you need the V3 Kit, V4, need the V4 Kit etc. I personally don't use them but from what I've read the results are very good. The new MorphingClothes app I just started using and so far the results have satisfied my requirements. Haven't tried making a Dolly Parton sized figure and then figuring out what morphs are needed in order to fit so in that scenereo I'm not much help.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

bopperthijs ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 5:01 PM

Actually, there are more program who can do the job: Wardrobe wizard 2, clothconvert 3 and crossdresser 3 are all capable in adding morphs in converted cloths and then there is also morph magic and maybe one or two I have forgotten.

It depends on what kind of clothes you want to convert: the clothing kits all work with magnets and are more suited for loose clothing, but it is easy to use and reliable, you don't have to leave poser for using them, and they distort the details of the cloths very little.
A program like Morphing cloths is better suited for tighter clothes and gives more control in the whole proces. I haven't used it very much, but I think it's rather promising. A big disadvantage of these programs is that sometimes they mess up the details, like belts and buttons and such like. A progam like morph magic show you the results in real-time but with morphing clothes you don't see the result untill it's loaded in poser.

Best regards,

Bopper.

-How can you improve things when you don't make mistakes?

evilded777 ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 6:55 PM

I've used them all... and Morphing Clothes has given me the best results.  Please bare in mind, I am only a moderate perfectionist, and some problems that others see often escape me.

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 12 June 2008 at 7:11 PM · edited Thu, 12 June 2008 at 7:13 PM

evilded777, Have you tried Morphing Clothes to transfer a character from one resolution mesh to an other as suggested by the promo is possible? I have figures where the exact vertice order of the head has been changed or the grouping has been changed and I would love a simple way to transfer the morphs from the original head to the new head.**

nyguy ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 7:08 AM

For Clothing WW2 is the best around. I have also used Clothing Converter and Cross Dresser and found them to be fine if you are only doing one figure to another. But for adding morphs WW2 is the best.

Poserverse The New Home for NYGUY's Freebies

Jules53757 ( ) posted Fri, 13 June 2008 at 7:21 AM

WW2 is good for converting but to transfer morphs to clothing I prefer Netherworks clothing Kit. It's just a One-click-solution. You don't have to spawn morphtargets. All is done by this "little" Python script.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.