Mon, Sep 9, 6:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Figure distoration problem - Not sure of the cause - Possible SR3?

LilWolff ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2008 at 8:00 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 4:15 AM

file_409896.jpg

Anyone having this kind of problem? (See Picture)

This is what I got when I opened up a file I saved last night after I had  installed SR3.  Both figures are V4.2 with morphs, Morris's great characters.

I know the feet weren't like that  when I saved the file but I am not sure what is causing the horrible distoration. 

I can't find anything odd on the dials, and when I restore the character it goes away until I pose the figure. Then the odd foot problem shows up again.

I know I have seen this, but I am not, at this time, recalling  what it was or what caused it.

Any help would be appreciated.

PhilC ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2008 at 8:18 PM

Have you tried turning the IK's off for the legs?

LilWolff ( ) posted Fri, 11 July 2008 at 9:46 PM

Hi Phil! :-) IK was already off on both figures. Odd the one goes nutzo and the other is ok.. Thanks for trying to help!

shuy ( ) posted Sat, 12 July 2008 at 6:09 AM

I had similar accident few months ago. Do not remember exactly what caused, but limits changes can help.
Turn on IKs for a moment, check min max limits of x/y/z transfers on foots, and bend/twist/side on shin, thigh. Set them -+ 10000.

One more thing which could cause problem was using 2 the same figures in one scene. I remember that in few my scenes poser used parametes from 1 figure to another. I do not remember if I found any solution. If yes that was Poser/computer restart ;)

LilWolff ( ) posted Sat, 12 July 2008 at 11:22 AM

Hi drapak12, thank you for helping.

I tried the things you mentioned but could not get the one figure back to the original pose.  When I put the IK on the legs flew out to the side and stayed there. But a new figure into the scene, with IK on, posed fine.  

The 2 figures are ringing a bell in my mind but haven't seen the "cross talk
like" problem in awhile. If you had this type of problem months ago I tend, at this time, to think I don't have to roll back to SR2.

I can start all over , I did save to the pose directory, but I sure wished I knew what happened to those feet.  

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 12 July 2008 at 11:35 AM

yes, ISTR they re-introduced some variation of the cross-talk problem in SR3.
oops, I mean the cross-talk "feature".  delete figure on left and see if  foot displ.
problem of figure on right disappears.

p.s. if efstarlet is reading this, just say the word and I daresay they'll be happy
to change yer nick to smstarlet.

LilWolff ( ) posted Sat, 12 July 2008 at 11:56 AM

Thank you Miss Nancy. I did try that and the one figure remained the same. But since you mentioned it I though -  let me delete all the clothing also and see what happens.

UGH! I have the pz3 spawned in hell!

Got to only the figure and his loin cloth - deleted the loin cloth - poser closed down all by itself. ACK!

I remember the original cross-talk and having to use a null.

You also shook up my lazy brain a little and I remember something I was having trouble with awhile back, I think it was P5. It was about  figures going goofy that were named the same.

I will search for that later, it should be here.  I remember the answer was a "cross talk like" problem and naming the figures differently solved it. 

210x2 ( ) posted Sat, 12 July 2008 at 1:22 PM

I've seen this problem before, did you use a library pose? If you use a preset pose made for a figure that has IK turned on, on a figure with no IK or IK turned off, the hands and feet have the tendency to fly off. Just select the hand or foot (in your case) and zero out all of the x,y,z, translate dials to zero.

LilWolff ( ) posted Sat, 12 July 2008 at 4:00 PM

Thank you 210X2 for your suggestions.

They are  my own poses that I am using from the library. Turning IK off is one of the first things I usually do before making any pose sets. Turning IK off  the figure before posing it is something I usually do before using that character. I checked and it was off.

I've seen  the mesh go weird  when you have forgotten to turn IK off but never when it is already off.  If my IK was on instead of off the zero out of everything that you mentioned would work great. But in this case it does nothing.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.