Thu, Sep 19, 9:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / 3D Modeling

Welcome to the 3D Modeling Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433

3D Modeling F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 15 9:12 pm)

Freeware 3D Modeling Software Links:
Blender | Trimble Sketchup | Wings 3D | Anim8or | Metasequoia | Clara IO (Browser-based 3d modeler)

Check out the
MarketPlace Wishing Well, as a content creator's resource for your next project.

"What 3D Program Should I buy?" Not one person here can really tell you what's best for you, as everyone has their own taste in workflow. Try the demo or learning edition of the program you're interested in, this is the only way to find out which programs you like.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: easy place to start

rbowen ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2008 at 2:07 AM · edited Wed, 04 September 2024 at 10:11 AM

I want to start making morphs and mats for figures such as Victoria 4.  Which program would be an easy place to start?  I currently use Poser and DAZ Studio.

pjz99 ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2008 at 2:59 AM

How much money are you willing to spend?  For low cost, learn to user Poser's internal magnets - a lot of the pain of making custom morph targets is import/export, and if you can keep it all within Poser it's much simpler.  For textures, look at Gimp (google it).

For high cost, it's very hard to beat Maxon Cinema 4D + interPoser Pro for Poser integration.  Not cheap though.

My Freebies

rbowen ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2008 at 3:11 AM

Thank you for your reply.

I am not willing to spend much money, but do want to try a program that will produce morphs and mats for export so that I can sell them as a package for characters such as Victoria 4.  I will check out Gimp for the textures, and will take a look at Maxon Cinema 4D + interPoser Pro, but am really interested in as low a cost as possible.

GKDantas ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2008 at 7:39 AM

Try Hexagon for creating morphs, you can learn a lot about modelling in

http://www.geekatplay.com/hexagontutorials/

For paint for free I like Artweaver a lot that looks like Photoshop with Painter functions:

http://www.artweaver.de/index.php?en_version

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

markschum ( ) posted Thu, 31 July 2008 at 7:03 PM

There are plenty of free paint programs , gimp or photofiltre for example . Something that can do layers is nice .

There is a free offer on truspace at the moment at www.caligari.com.
Other free modellers are blender or wings. Daz has a cheap modeller called Pegasus that would do what you need. 

For morphs you can start with magnets. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.