Wed, Oct 2, 10:20 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: P7 Production Frame re-sizing problems

bigjobbie ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 2:52 AM · edited Tue, 13 February 2024 at 1:36 AM

Hi there

Using Poser 7.

I need help from someone who knows what the production frame is.

My production frame is set at a portrait shape but my document window is set to a landscape shape (I manually resized the document window with the mouse during my scene build).

The camera view I've carefully lined up in my document window is the view I want to render.

When I resize the production frame in Render Dimensions to match the camera/document window view I lose my desired view . The production frame resizes by chopping off the height of the original production frame rather than expanding the sizes out to match the camera view.

As an example - If I had 3 figures standing side by side in my camera view and the production frame (showing as a lighter gray area in Hidden Line display style) was locked onto the middle figure, resizing the production frame/render dimensions should ideally keep all three figures in view and not affect the camera, but instead I'm getting an enlargement of the middle figure's chest, belly and hips.

Technically the camera hasn't been affected/reset in any way (thus making "restore camera" useless) - it's vision has just been cropped and that cropped area has been expanded to match the document window. This makes it near impossible to just dolly the camera out or tweak the angles etc to get my original framing back.

Does that make any sense? If so - any idea how I can fix this? I've tried all the usual methods of resizing.

Cheers

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 11 August 2008 at 9:10 AM

Yes, that's how it works.  When the render area has a different aspect
ratio from the preview window, you get that sort of "matte frame" look,
and it's often hard to tell just where your final picture really is.

I agree that it would have been better to change the aspect of the preview,
but that's not how they did it! 

You can change the aspect manually, of course...

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.