Tue, Oct 22, 3:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: WANNA MAKE AN EPIC FILM?

ZekeWild ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2008 at 3:56 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:59 AM

Gday;

Anyone wanna make an epic film in vue, I'll do the righting, eaditing, and  the rendering, music sound, and voices.

My Idea was to make an Entierly CG hand Held Film; eg, blair witch, cloverfield, style

although i admit my animation and vue skills and that flash.

Story;
A black Comedy of a War betwean orcs and elves told by an Orc, (preferably useing the orcs from share CG.

I'm aiming to get around 45-70 minutes.

For the Team Well need Some Animators, And some Vue Artists.

Tenorguy ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2008 at 9:38 PM

Not to rain on your parade, but what is your time frame for a project this size? And what resources do you have? Tackling a CG film of that length would require a decent number of people, and then you have to factor in render time. At 30 frames per second at 640 x 480 resolution (or larger if you want HD or film quality), you'd definately have your work cut out for you.

ZekeWild ( ) posted Mon, 01 September 2008 at 10:31 PM

I'll take as long as it needs to, I'm curently in prep (Gating Money, ect)

Tenorguy ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2008 at 1:55 AM

Well, I wish you the best of luck with this. (Bear in mind that large studios like Pixar can spend anywhere from a month up to a year working on a 2 minute sequence).

synergy543 ( ) posted Tue, 02 September 2008 at 2:30 AM · edited Tue, 02 September 2008 at 2:32 AM

Attached Link: Planetary-Traveler

Close to 12 years ago (released in 1997), a group of people lead by the late Rodney L'Ongion got together and using Bryce, created a full length movie called Planetary Traveller which you can find on Amazon.

I think it took about 15 people because computers were slow then and it took forever to render.  I myself did a short movie using Bryce a few years later and some frames took days to render.  

So why should someone not do this with Vue ten years later?  Its only possibly more difficult because CG animation is not new anymore and the standard bar has been raised very high by the likes of Pixar.  

Expectations are extremely high.  Difficult yes.  Impossible....no.

I wonder what Philippe Bouyer would have to say?  He would be the one I would go to ask.

ZekeWild ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2008 at 1:54 AM · edited Wed, 03 September 2008 at 2:04 AM

how would i contact this Philippe Bouyer of witch you speek of?

"i would make shor the film had a certain panash, thats what i'm good at, not the work, not the work, the presntation, the panash"

Ps; Pixars standards arnt that high;

Animal Logic and Sony animation are, but very few others.

"Happy feet" "Surfs Up"

By the way i have $120 Aussie Dollars to put in the film

And a Music composer who'll score the film.

ZekeWild ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2008 at 2:43 AM

Just bean over at the Vue store and i'm going to get all the Vue Rearses i nead for $100!

-No need for vue atrists now, just a few animaters (who use poser)

eclipse245 ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2008 at 6:31 PM

Sounds like a Renderfarm is needed? :P

synergy543 ( ) posted Wed, 03 September 2008 at 9:33 PM

Contact info for Philippe is at the bottom of his website although I'm sure he'd appreciate only serious offers.

http://www.belino.net/

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.