Wed, Sep 18, 5:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 3:56 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Spam Increase - What to Do

3Dillusions ( ) posted Fri, 05 September 2008 at 8:28 PM · edited Fri, 16 August 2024 at 12:35 AM

As of the last Trojan Attack spam has now increased.

Please note this is not SPAM but phishing and malware, its designed to look like spam.
For those of us that report it daily we can spot the difference.

For everyone else, if you are using GMAIL, please use the drop down arrow key on the right of the text to report phishing so this way all on the gmail server can see and delete immediately.

They are also sending fake E CARD greetings under no circumstance click this link, its not for you it leads to a malware load page.  You will infect you pc and add it to a long line of BOTS operating worldwide.

Check the spam folder so anything you need doesn't end up there, the rest delete on sight.

Please note I am posting this as a warning not as a post for anyone to attack Renderosity, these things happen as of this post 1,000 legitimate website are being infected per day. So lets not start the blame game again.   Just a heads up from me to you, so you know either report or delete, the choice is yours.  I report to CastleCops. 

What you are seeing in your in boxes are not SPAM but Malware.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 8:16 AM

So since they couldn't get the place shut down one way, they're going about it another way... Why doesn't that smack of war??? Some one doesn't like artists??? or Renderosity???

Thanks for the heads up...

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

3Dillusions ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 8:27 AM

No these guys don't do it to take a place down, they do it to collect email address's plus infected as many pc's as they can in one hit.

They add everyone with the Trojan that does not get rid of it, or even knows they have it to a worldwide botnet.  Unfortunately these criminals have time, money and protection to hide out.

It has nothing to do with graphics, store items or the like, this is just one of the thousands of site that got hit, the Forums this month, god knows what next month.

Believe it or not there a plenty of silly people online with No anti virus, firewalls or malware protection, and some that have it but don't have them turned on.

ThunderStone ( ) posted Sat, 06 September 2008 at 8:43 AM

shudder 
:b_scared:

Not a happy thought... This reminds me of my days as a sysop of a BBS back in the pre-Internet decade. All it took was one malcontent to bring a network to a screeching halt.  Not a pretty picture.

===========================================================

Poser: Poser 11.3 ...... Units: inches or meters depends on mood
Bryce: Bryce Pro 7.1.074
Image Editing: Corel Paintshop Pro
Renderer: Superfly, Firefly

9/11/2001: Never forget...

Smiles are contagious... Pass it on!

Today is the tomorrow you worried about yesterday

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.