Mon, Sep 16, 12:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 14 4:17 pm)

Subject: 3D World Magazine and Vue 7

tbird10 ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 12:05 PM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 6:09 AM

In the latest issue of 3D World Magazine which has just dropped through my letter box (actually the December 2008 issue) there is a full page advert for VUE 7. It doesn't say 'coming soon' or 'released on xxxx' or anything like that, it gives the impression of an advert for a product which is 'available'.

It lists a website www.vue7.com which appears to be a slightly different version of

http://www.e-onsoftware.com/ but Vue7 isn't yet listed as an available product.

Now clearly adverts are placed some time before the magazine comes out, but this may give an indication at least of when e-on originally expected to have Vue7 available.

LMcLean ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 12:27 PM

Strange, I tried the website vue7.com and sure enough it works but no Vue 7. If it came out before Christmas that would be sweet! I wasn't expecting Vue 7 until January or February.

GKDantas ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 12:32 PM

I think that E-on are hopping that for a December magazine it will be ready... But if they release the magazine before the right month the advertising come wrong.

Follow me at euQfiz Digital

LMcLean ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 12:39 PM

lol. I guess there's nothing like Hyping a product long before it's release date to generate more sales!

FrankT ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 1:17 PM

Sooon my precious !!! 
I can feel my credit card shrivelling up even as I type :)

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

bruno021 ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 1:26 PM

3D World is always 2 months ahead, so US readers get it on par with the month it is released there, and here in Europe, we get the december issue in october. Something e-on was maybe not aware of...

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 1:48 PM

I was saving my money for Vue 7, but have bought a quad core and new motherboard instead, plus with all the problems with Vue 6 I will see how stable it is before purchasing this time :) 

Jon

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

silverblade33 ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 2:53 PM

well it took them a lot less time to get v6I stable, compared ot v5I, about 3 months versus 6 months?

Advantage of an early buy is it saves $ :p

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

garyandcatherine ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 4:24 PM

Woo hoo

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Wed, 01 October 2008 at 4:49 PM

Yeah I do agree Silverblade, but to be honest, Vue 6 Inf shook my confidence in Vue, I have constant errors and crashes, and have reinstalled Windows at least 3 times in my time with Vue.

Don't get me wrong I am going to buy Vue 7 just not rushing into it like I did with Vue 6 Inf.

Jon

silverblade33 ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 5:58 AM

Jonj1611,
well, I find Vue6I very stable after oh, 3rd or 4th month bug fix for it, andon 64 bit Vista it's EXTREMELY stable (for a PC program) :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 6:05 AM

Hehe Silverblade, I am sure Vue 6 Inf's stability is different for everyone, some have it completely stable, others like myself it isn't at all. I really do hope Vue 7 is better for stability, I did have it running on Vista 64-Bit, but some codecs I need and use aren't available in 64-bit variations so had to go back to 32-bit :(

Jon

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 8:44 AM

Opens wallet and starts performing CPR on credit card.  Gotta pump this baby up.  I want my Vue 7!

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

BigGreenFurryThing ( ) posted Thu, 02 October 2008 at 12:07 PM

I noticed the same ad in 3DWorld and started to wonder about a release date for Vue 7. I can't believe that E-On don't know the lead times of the magazine. Or am I just hoping for a release date this side of Christmas?

A new quad core, 8GB, Vista 64 box seems to have sorted out my Vue 6 problems. But it's still my sincere hope that the stability of Vue 7 is better than 6 on its initial release. Although I'm wiling to overlook a few bugs if the spectral 2 cloud technology works.

Cheers,
Mark

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 5:32 AM

I'll wait for Vue 8.  Not enough changes in Vue 7 to make it worth paying to upgrade just from 6.6.

www.youtube.com/user/ShawnDriscollCG

silverblade33 ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 5:53 AM

BigGreen,
cool, glad that sorted it for ya :)

I'm HOPING V7 ismore stable on release, but I ain't betting on it, lol
V6 was better by far than V5 on release but still awful buggy, took 3+ months to fix.

Maybe this time we can hope for 1 month ;)

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 6:44 AM

I am a bit with Shonner on this one, I have moved my stance from definately buying to probably buying.

Mainly because while I like the sound of the new features, I would rather see some actual still high quality pics of the said features.

A lot of people are saying I will buy it, based on a new feature list. Without actually seeing the new features in high quality rather than a low quality video I think for me at least I will wait and see what happens on release and hopefully a PLE will be available so I can download and test stability.

Jon

alexcoppo ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 11:16 AM

What about waiting for the actual availability of a product before thinking whether to buy it :lol: ?
Never mistake a clear view for a short distance.

Bye!!!

Signed: Your resident pessimist.

GIMP 2.7.4, Inkscape 0.48, Genetica 3.6 Basic, FilterForge 3 Professional, Blender 2.61, SketchUp 8, PoserPro 2012, Vue 10 Infinite, World Machine 2.3, GeoControl 2

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 12:06 PM

Personally I am waiting, which is exactly what I said, but we know Vue 7 is being released, so obviously people will be thinking about buying it.

Jon

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Sat, 04 October 2008 at 6:47 PM · edited Sat, 04 October 2008 at 6:51 PM

Quote - What about waiting for the actual availability of a product before thinking whether to buy it?  Never mistake a clear view for a short distance.

E-on doesn't give much of a window to allow time for people to see results first before the pre-order price goes bye bye.  And the beta people can't say anything about what they've played with and how well it works.  And showing re-hashed movies made from Vue 6.5 and 6.6 and possibly 5 are not closing the deal for me.  Then there is the fact that E-on is going more towards the xStream route which is really great for those that have apps compatible with it.

mouser ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2008 at 6:51 PM

Hmm, Version 7 to be released soon, that means version 6 is now stable (and cheap) enough for me to consider purchising.

ShawnDriscoll ( ) posted Thu, 09 October 2008 at 7:44 PM

I've had no problems with Vue 6 Infinite and the latest update.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Fri, 10 October 2008 at 6:07 AM

Vue 6 has been very stable for me ages :)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.