Sun, Sep 22, 2:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: rendering speed to disk

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 6:55 PM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 1:58 AM

iam using vue 6 infinite and just got an extra pc to help with rendering. does any one know is rendering to disk is slower than to screen ? i ran a test using the same scene withe these results
dual core 3GHZ  3GB RAM WIN XP 34' 22" to screen
quad core 2.2 GHZ  4GB RAM vista  39' 14" to screen
set up to use external render so that both pcs did the work 33' 1" to disk just over 1 min saving dosnt seem that good to me is this what ishould expect?

FrankT ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 7:09 PM

One advantage of rendering to disk using the external renderer is that you can render huge images that would choke Vue if you tried any other way.  I did a 40x50 inch at 300dpi just to see what happened.  Took about 12hrs but it looked great!

I (and this is only an empirical view) think that render to disk is faster than the equivalent scene rendered to screen but I wouldn't be able to put a figure on it

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Wed, 08 October 2008 at 7:21 PM

to day i picked up a quad core pc for £225 so i thought id put it to the test against my other pc thats why i noted the  times  and why i was surprised that the render to disk was only about I min faster may be my image was too small to be a good test only 1440 x 900 72dpi

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.