Sun, Sep 22, 2:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Best quality renders

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 5:19 AM · edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 3:20 AM

Can any one tell me what difference to the quality any of these settings do in Pose pros firefly render engine use displacement maps smooth polygons  and under post filter size box ,and sinc what effect od they have Iam trying to always make the render as realistic as i can thanks in advance for any help

replicand ( ) posted Mon, 27 October 2008 at 5:31 PM

Realism will come as interaction between your light and your materials. So serious study of lighting - maybe from a photography book - would probably be your best bet.

But to answer your question directly - displacement is like bump mapping except the normals of your object's geometry is deformed or displaced. Use displacement map enables this feature.

To see the effect of Smooth Polygons, load a sphere and pull the camera so you can see the edge. SmoothPolys off, you'll see facets; smoothPolys on the facets are gone. I think it works by softening the normals.

Among your filter types, Sinc will give you the crispest look, though you could run into difficulty using this filter on high frequency procedural textures . Gaussian is soft looking and works well with animation + motion blur; box is a fast filter for draft quality renders.

bigdave1960 ( ) posted Tue, 28 October 2008 at 2:44 PM

thank you for that  most helpfull

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.