Sun, Oct 6, 6:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Featureless Human/Statue

Warangel ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 10:35 AM · edited Sun, 28 July 2024 at 9:04 PM

Hey all,

So I am trying to do an artistic piece that basically has non-gender specific featureless humans in it. 

I searched for the type of reference picture I am referring to, but couldn't find any.

So, if it were a typical Poser figure, it would have a smoothed head and face. No ears protruding, though they could exist if blended, same with eyes, nose, mouth. They are all present, but smoothed and undefined. Except for the lips. The figures need to be able to smile or frown.

Bodies are also neutral. No man/woman differentiation.

Anyone have any suggestions on where I could find such a thing, or how I would go about creating such a thing?

Thanks.

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 11:01 AM

I would use either mike3 or v4 with male morphs. The figures are essentially genderless. There were some morphs to remove ears, try in freestuff.     You may need to use magnets to deform the face . 

hborre ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 12:30 PM

Also just color everything one basic uniform color. 

Warangel ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 12:45 PM

Yes, texturing everything one colour is a good recommendation. I am still at a loss as to how to make these featureless figures though.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 2:01 PM

i'll be interested in the solution.  even if it turns out to be build it yourself.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 8:26 PM

the experts may be unwilling to answer this one, if it involves the reverse of the
modelling process - the removal of all fine detail from the head.  some methods:

1. decimation in a modelling app (usually gives bad results)
  2. shrink-wrap an head shape to a poser head in a modelling app
  3. use cage's shrink-wrap script (available in python forum here)
  4. switch out the poser head for a simple head shape prop

markschum ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 11:41 PM

using a modelling app is going to maybe destroy the morphs , you could certainly set the figures mouth the way you want it , export the entire figure , modify it in a modelling app, and reimport it as a prop .

Try www.sharecg.com for statues. 

leather-guy ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2008 at 12:26 AM

file_417645.jpg

How about the LoRezGuy figure?  Came with Poser.  I use it a lot where I want a minimal impact figure in a project. Added a beard & hat & used it for my Avatar.

Warangel ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2008 at 5:18 AM

LoRezGuy is perfect!!! Now if I can only find him in my Poser 7 install.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.