Mon, Jul 8, 5:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Blender

Welcome to the Blender Forum

Forum Moderators: Lobo3433 Forum Coordinators: LuxXeon

Blender F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 07 9:15 pm)

Welcome to the Blender Forum!

Your place to learn about Blender, ask questions,
   exchange ideas, and interact with the other Blender users!

Gallery | Freestuff | Tutorials

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace. Your source for digital art content!

Subject: hem or edging script

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 10 November 2008 at 1:50 PM · edited Mon, 24 June 2024 at 1:47 AM

i was wondering if anyone knew of a script to create a hem or edge on clothing to give it the appearance of  thickness?  and if not, where to go to learn to script?  because it should be fairly straight forward (i think)

take user input thickness "t"
take user input width "w"

find all open edges.
for each edge
extrude the edge t amount in the direction of the normal of the edge's polygon.
extrude that edge w amount in the direction perpendicular to the normal of the edge's polygon.
extrude that edge t amount in direction opposite the direction of the normal

i would hope that this could be done without needing an extra step after that to join the pieces, but i would guess it would depend on how you can actually script construction.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Tue, 11 November 2008 at 3:59 PM

just in case someone besides me cares about how this can be done:

http://blender.dothelp.net/tutorial-list/using-solidify-selection-script-to-make-nice-edges/

i may look at that script and see if i can't make it just make a hem.

l3la ( ) posted Sat, 22 November 2008 at 11:01 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I didn't know about this one and it is really useful. I have switched to Hexagon in the past when I needed this function.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.