Tue, Sep 24, 7:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Writers

Welcome to the Writers Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Wolfenshire

Writers F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 6:39 am)

Writers Gallery

"Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass." ---Anton Chekhov

Subject: Calling All Haiku Poets . . .

ezuk ( ) posted Tue, 18 November 2008 at 12:26 AM · edited Wed, 14 August 2024 at 3:31 PM

Since a lot of people here seem to be interested in haiku, I thought I should let everyone know about the haiku contest run by the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival.  There's no laptop as a prize, but winning haiku will become part of a concert by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra and appear on posters on Vancouver buses.

You can submit cherry blossom haiku at www.vcbf.ca.  Oh, and entry is free.

jstro ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2008 at 6:24 PM

Thanks for that. I entered last year. Didn't win, but it's a nice little contest. I tried finding the link for this year and failed. Now you've found it for me! :)
~jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

ezuk ( ) posted Wed, 19 November 2008 at 11:54 PM

Good luck this year! 

By the way, if you want to read up on haiku, there's a page called 'About Haiku' on the site which will cover the basics of writing a haiku.  There's also a 'Teaching Haiku' page that's more about how to read and appreciate a haiku that you might find interesting.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.