Thu, Sep 19, 10:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:35 am)

Subject: How do I make conforming clothes fit Michael 2/3 after changing Michael's size?

GaryChildress ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2008 at 6:01 PM · edited Wed, 31 July 2024 at 6:46 PM

Is there a way to make Michael 2 and/or 3 stockier in Poser AND at the same time be able to fit clothing to this stockier figure?  I've tried increasing the X and Z size of Micheal but when I go to conform clothes they don't fit, even when I change the size of the clothes by the same proportion. There must be a way to make clothing fit to changed dimensions of Michael 2 or 3...isn't there? 

Many thanks for any help.  :-)

Please visit My 3D Freebies

Thank you for your patronage!

bnetta ( ) posted Mon, 15 December 2008 at 11:42 PM

yes with a clothing converter
xdresser
wardrobe wizard

www.oodlesdoodles.com

AnAardvark ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2008 at 12:37 PM

Actually, none of the clothes converters work with scaling. (At least to the best of my knowledge.)

M2 comes with morphs like heavy, and the M3 morphs package includes a couple of heavy-type morphs -- some clothes have them, others don't. However, clothes converters can put morphs into clothing that doesn't have them.

If you are using scaling, is it applied to the entire figure? I've found no problem using overall scaling equally on both a figure and its clothes. The important thing to do is to scale the clothing after conforming to the figure. When you conform the clothes, it will reset the scaling.

GaryChildress ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2008 at 1:25 PM · edited Tue, 16 December 2008 at 1:26 PM

I  have Mike 3 but there are no morphing parameter dials that I see.  Are the morphs sold seperately?  I also have Mike 4 and would ideally like to convert all my clothing figures to Mike 4.  Does Mike 4 have any morphs?  I don't see any with the base figure pack that I downloaded.

Many thanks.

PS.  I just purchased the XDresser program (or rather the conversion license for Mike 4) and it seems to be working well.  Thanks!   :-)

hborre ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2008 at 2:30 PM

The morph packages for both M3 and M4 are sold separately. 

GaryChildress ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2008 at 3:33 PM

Is there an "official" morph pack for Mike 4 or do I have to search the renderosity forums for them from various independent vendors?  How does that work?  Do I need to buy some sort of conversion kit or something which will make Mike 4 morphable?  I apologize for all the questions, I'm still pretty new with Poser.  Honestly I just use Poser to create units for Sid Meier's Civilization 3 and haven't delved very deep into all the functions yet.

Many thanks for all your help!

Gary 

bnetta ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2008 at 4:57 PM

the morphs are located here
http://www.daz3d.com/i/3d-models/-/michael-4-morphs?item=7878&_m=d

all daz figures have support files at daz3d

www.oodlesdoodles.com

GaryChildress ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2008 at 5:26 PM

Cool!  Thank you bnetta!  I am wondering, if I morph Micheal 4 will his clothes still fit him and change size with the morphs or does that open up a whole new can of worms?

FrankT ( ) posted Tue, 16 December 2008 at 5:40 PM

only if the clothes contain the same morphs or you transfer them over with something like morphing clothes

My Freebies
Buy stuff on RedBubble

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.