Fri, Sep 20, 11:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: OT: Please say a little prayer for my kitty

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 26 January 2009 at 10:41 PM

hugs

Tigger is a member of your family and it's understandable that her being sick is no easy to deal with.

I'm sending lots and lots of vibes your way for Tigger that she not suffer.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2009 at 4:52 AM · edited Tue, 27 January 2009 at 4:53 AM

Image I made while taking care of Tiggers:
Click on the thumb to go to the gallery, and see full size:

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2009 at 5:08 AM

Hugs from us too.  You're a good mum to Tigger; we send you our love and sympathy.

giorgio_2004 ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2009 at 5:27 AM

Quote -
Tigger is a member of your family and it's understandable that her being sick is no easy to deal with.

I would dare to say that Tigger is a member of OUR family... because definitely Connie is.

Be strong, Connie, we are here with you.

Giorgio

giorgio_2004 here, ksabers on XBox Live, PSN  and everywhere else.

arbee999 ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2009 at 6:16 PM

Hugs Connie.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2009 at 7:15 PM

Oh, gosh you guys, you are all so kind. Definately heartwarming. Tiggers is reading it all too.

She slept in a cushy little house I made for her here on a shelf next to my computer. I spent half the night here on the couch, half in the bedroom.
When I sat at the computer to do things, she crawled out to hang out. She's very weak, but looking comfy, and still monitoring what's going on, watching me type, letting me prt her between words, trying to have a drink of water. Not doing a very good job of it, but it's keeping her occupied.

That shot of pain medicine I gave her yesterday seems to have calmed down her puking and restlesness. The shot is supposed to last 8-12 houts, but here we are, 30 hours later, and Tiggers is still calm and no puking. I think she'll need to pee soon. I have a diaper under her tush... and if she starts to move, I follow her around with it. Usually she tries to make it to the litter box, but down off the desk and across the room is a bit far for her.

...two hours later... I forgot to hit send...
I carried her outside, then she started to squirm, wanting to go down and walk on her own. I let her and she walked a tiny bit, found a spot and nestled in the grass, in th sun. We sat there for about half an hour, till the sun went down and it started getting cold.

LadyElf ( ) posted Tue, 27 January 2009 at 7:44 PM

What a wonderful thing for  both of you today Connie :)

I'm glad she's a little more active and comfortable today honey.  That's really all you can do, is just love her and be with her...

You're an awesome mommy!

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Wed, 28 January 2009 at 3:23 AM

We're glad Tigger's able to enjoy the sunshine.  Glad you've got better weather than we have (this is England so you know it isn't raining when it's foggy :) ).  Continued love and support, all our cats send Tigger their best purrs, and would wash her too given half the chance.

Our Persian Griselda is sitting on my shoulder licking my bald spot and reading as I write this!  She's already been out this morning but came back in in disgust.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 28 January 2009 at 5:02 PM

Tigger update:

We ran to the Vet this morning to have her feeding tube incision (on her neck) cleaned out and desinfected. It was getting gooey and smelly, and possibly infected. They cleaned it out, and rebandaged it, and put her back on anti biotic.

Tiggers is being very purry snuggly and upbeat today, even before going to the Vet.  She got that way after I cleaned out her feeding tube thing last night, and it's continuing. She actually had energy to protest going to the Ver quite a bit, more then last 2-3 trips.

She's taking a little nap right now, curled up in her cuby here next to me, and purring up a storm. This is the first time she's purring in 2-3 days.  If she wakes up and crawls out while it's still daylight out, I'll take her out in the sun a bit.

What a trooper!

arbee999 ( ) posted Wed, 28 January 2009 at 7:03 PM

Purrs = :thumbupboth:

Glad it was a good day!!

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2009 at 5:28 AM · edited Thu, 29 January 2009 at 5:37 AM

Your Tigger is a great one, must be something about black cats!  I'm glad she's feeling a bit better, enjoy the good days.

Griselda is sitting here by me sending purrs to Tigger; and watching a squirrel.  Our Biff has come in to send greetings to a fellow black cat.  He's a demon hunter (he spent the first two years of his life on a building site and eats whatever he catches), but I wish he'd stick to pigeons and squirrels as eating magpies makes him rather ill.  He reckons if I'd open the window he'd have that squirrel to send to Tigger lol.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2009 at 1:18 PM

Thanks guys!

Tigger seems to be doing okay today. Peaceful so far.  Ifed her, gave her medicine, we had a little purr and a snuggle, and then she retreated to her cubby to sleep.
She's little less upbeat today then yesterday, but yeserday was an exhausting day for her. Not only a trip to the vet, but I had to give her a little bath later in the day, because her bottom, tail and feet got all gunked up in her pee.

I expect it will take her all of today to rest and keep low key. She's actually getting some sleep rather then staring into space, which is a good thing.

It's a beautiful sunny day out here today, when she perks up, I'll take her out a little bit.

I have a little theory about black cats.....
Historically, I gather that were always prosecuted and seen as a bad omen. At least in last few hundred years. I'm guessing that the more affectionate and friendly the black kitty was, the more likely it was to be protected. So, perhaps there's a little streak of selective breeding there...  Who knows!

shadownet ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2009 at 1:53 PM

Hi Connie, 

Glad to hear Tigger is having another good day.  Still keeping my fingers and toes crossed that she can lick this thing, but don't want to get my hopes up too high as I know how serious the prognosis is.  But still you never know...  So hang tight both of you!

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2009 at 2:04 PM

Glad to hear that Tigger has been sleeping well today.  I don't know if this is going to help Connie but when we've had cats that leak into their fur (and Griselda manages to do sometimes without it being anything to do with her diarrhoea, being long haired), a roughish towel soaked in warm water seems accectable and low stress to most cats after each time they've gone as it's a bit like being washed by a mother cat.  I confess we use baby wipes on Griselda; she makes noises like an impaled Guinea Pig but puts up with it!  She's 14 and has her problem moments health-wise.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2009 at 5:46 PM

I have baby wipes and kitten wipes and wet washcloths for her too, they work really good for minor messes. She's not too fond of scented stuff.

Every now and then, she gets really soaked. Sometimes when she pees, she would sit up (but still with her tush to the ground, instead of lifted a little, the way they normally pee), other times she does it sort of laying down. I catch it in a diaper, but sometimes it really soaks into her fur too.

Often when I pet her, I dampen my hand some, so it feels like a big mother cat moist tongue on her fur. It also does a good job removing shedding hairs.

She is being very snuggly today, and looking comfy, and trying to turn up-side down. Not staring and cruoching - which are some of the things the vet said to watch for as signs of pain.
I hope her liver can tolerate the anti-biotic, at least for a little while, so her tube incision stays clear of infection.

shadownet ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2009 at 7:30 PM

Never tried this but I am wondering with those disposable diapers being so absorbent and designed to wisk moisture away from the baby's bottom, if laid open on the floor, towel like, for her to lay on (and use) when she needs to go, would help any?   I don't think it would hurt her in anyway, though you may want to check around first as I do not know - but being for a baby, you would think should be fairly safe.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2009 at 7:54 PM

Quote - Never tried this but I am wondering with those disposable diapers being so absorbent and designed to wisk moisture away from the baby's bottom, if laid open on the floor, towel like, for her to lay on (and use) when she needs to go, would help any?   I don't think it would hurt her in anyway, though you may want to check around first as I do not know - but being for a baby, you would think should be fairly safe. 

That's lmost exactly what I'm using. Works most of the time, but it's not always fail-safe.... or mommy-doing-something-stupid-with-it-safe.  Like removing it not realizing that Tiggers is still peeing... or lifting Tiggers out of it awkwardly, and making a mess... or holding a towel in front of her waiting for her to puke, while I should have been paying attention to the tail end.

She still shifts around a lot, so I haven't been able to keep the diaper under her. She does move to a new position when she pees, usualy few steps away from where she was laying down.  Moisture thing doesn't work all that well if she sits or steps into it...  It's  challenge LOL!

Pet stoers also have a puppy diaper of sorts, a diaper like absorbent sheet used for puppy potty training.

I didn't try finding a way to attach a diaper to her... I think even in her weakened state she'd scratch my eyes out for that.

shadownet ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2009 at 8:12 PM

Hmm, can almost picture a dog in a diaper...but a cat?  Ha! Now that would be something to see.  I do wonder how long the battle wounds would take to heal.    Well, learned something new, as I did not know there was such a thing out there for pets.  Can see your problem with her moving about.  Guess you will just have to cover every square inch of the room with Bounty paper towels and see if they really are all the commercials claim.  LOL  Well, joking aside, I do hope Tigger continues to have good days. 

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 29 January 2009 at 9:36 PM

LOL, every spot that she hangs in is already lined with plastic then her pillows and blankets piled up as usual... and she has about 4-5 spots here in the den. The couch is also lined with a painters tarp at the moment, then blankets over it... LOL
It's starting to look like a padded hospital room.

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2009 at 6:14 AM

Glad Tigger's having a good day.  Been there with the hospital room thing, the stains don't even come out with steam-cleaning, but hey, it's worth it.  Love to you and Tigger (& Bubba and your honey).

All of ours are out at the moment, as there's a drop of (very cold) sun.  Although they do keep coming in to moan that we haven't switched on the heater lol.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2009 at 2:40 PM

Well, darn, today she has another bout with pukies, and is very down. Poor little thing. :sad:

shadownet ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2009 at 3:04 PM

Hi Connie,

Sad to hear this but not surprised.   I suspect with there still being some blockage the toxins build up in her system and make her sick.  Puking helps to cleanse her out, but leaves her weak.  If only they could work on helping her get strong enough to operate on, they might be able to do something about the blockage.  Have you tried checking with other Vets?  It never hurts to get a second and third opinion.  One might view the situation hopeless while another, perhaps having had some personal experience or wind of new treatment, might have a course of action. 

Winterclaw ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2009 at 3:23 PM

Speaking of new treatments, too bad science is dragging its feet on heat-based therapy.  Basically if you can get the tumors up to about 110-120 degrees or so you will either shrink them a lot if not get rid of them outright.

WARK!

Thus Spoketh Winterclaw: a blog about a Winterclaw who speaks from time to time.

(using Poser Pro 2014 SR3, on 64 bit Win 7, poser units are inches.)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2009 at 5:47 PM

Yea, I had second opinions and third and fourth a week or two ago, I forget exactly when, when I first found out what it is...  not much they can do. 

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Fri, 30 January 2009 at 10:21 PM

hugs

emay68 ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 12:22 AM

More HUGS!  Smooches for you and Tigger from my Chaco and Pippin.  Hope you guys don't mind dog smooches, but Chaco only gives them out for special Beings.  😄

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 4:03 AM

Poor little girl!  We send our sympathies.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 8:17 PM

Thank You!!!!!!  Tiggers is like her mommy, hog for attention ;)

Tigger Report:
Today she's drooling a bit (which means the toxins in her body are pretty high - it comes and goes).  Weak and lethargic good part of the day, but perked up for a little while. I took her outside in the grass, and we hung in there for about an hour. She definately perked up during that.  Then we went back in, she sat in the window for a little bit, then wanted to go back in her cubby by my desk. She's solid asleep in there now, curled up in her warm fuzzy blankets.

LadyElf ( ) posted Sat, 31 January 2009 at 9:28 PM

All in all, things considered, it was a good day for her :)

HUGS

I'm so glad she has you, Connie :)

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2009 at 4:54 AM

A curled up cat is feeling pretty comfortable.  Hugs and thoughts to you Tigger and everyone.

arbee999 ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2009 at 8:42 AM

Hugs and Happiness.
Hope the good days keep coming.

davlin ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2009 at 2:38 PM

My wife and I wish Tigger all the very best wishes and a speedy return to good health .

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 01 February 2009 at 8:24 PM

Thank You Thank You everyone!

I actually have to go to a clients office tomorrow, all day, I hope Tiggers does okay. (She'll probably sleep through most of it), but I'm nervous. I'm on my way to a migraine today. I hope it just stays as a gheadache and stomachache.

Tiggers had a big poo and pee and puke last night, and after that, she had a good night. Drooling abated. She's weak, but alert today. Giving me a BIG stink eye, because I had to wash her bottom again. I didn't catch today's pee in a diaper, like I did yesterday.

Curled up and sleeping comfortably right now. It's good to see her able to snuggle up and get comfy, and stretch out and do what kitties do, only slower and weaker. She respons to me, and to sounds of a food dish (even if she isn't eating much on her own). I didn't have to use the pain medicine since that one time about a week ago.

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 6:06 AM

All the best for tomorrow Connie.  Tigger will give you hell when you come back, of course; all cats do 'Where have you been!?'.  We're directing all our cats to join Tigger in the Dreamlands, if you know your H.P. Lovecraft lol.  Our problem is Griselda thinks she's Cthulhu!  She's certainly sure she's in charge.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Mon, 02 February 2009 at 7:24 PM · edited Mon, 02 February 2009 at 7:25 PM

Man, what a day!

I was at work in th emorning, came home at lunch to check on Tiggers, feed her, give her medicine.... and she's nowhere to be found.  Total Panic.

After two or three hours of searching, and postponing work till tomorrow...... I thought she was lost, and I had theese horrible visions of a coyote or a dog getting her, or something very nasty happening her in her final days, of her being all alone in some dark smelly yucky corner, because I didn't take good enough care of her.

After almost three hours of searching in the house, outside the house, around the neighborhood, and even calling animal control to see if they didn't find her, I finally found her.

She made her way to the patio, and to the back side of the (above ground) jacuzzi, into a 6" space between it and a 9' high garden wall. First four times I searched that spot, I didn't see her. Had a pretty hard time getting her out of there.

It's been couple of hours since I found and settled her in, and I'm still feeling shakey. I know she will be gone soon, but not like this, like she was abandoned in some damp dark smelly corner.

Maybe she got out on the patio, and then the dog spooked her. Our dog is friendly - but too friendly for Tiggers comfort.... so after couple of sniffs, Tiggers usually heads for a hiding spot.

So, I have to go in the office again tomorrow. Luckily the guy there, is very understanding.

She's back in her cubby, snuggling and sleeping. She still gives me little headbutts and nose-rubs, and her tail and bum go up when I stroke her back.

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2009 at 4:53 AM · edited Tue, 03 February 2009 at 4:57 AM

Ah, Tigger's well enough to make you feel guilty.  Seriously, glad you found her Connie.  Hope everything goes well tomorrow.  This is the point when you start wondering, 'do I take a large cage with its own litter tray?' !!!  This is why we never go on holiday, we're never sure what we might find when we get back.  We have a lovely neighbour who willingly cat-sits but cats . . . .

A few years back when we went to Florence on a four day wedding aniversary, our cats ate through the entire time we were away.  When we came back however, they went off their food for days to teach us a lesson!  Jasper took up residence under the spare bed and refused to talk to us.  This was before we had Griselda who takes sulking to new extremes lol.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2009 at 11:16 AM

Thanks for the updates and the story of Tigger's "run for the wall". :)

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 03 February 2009 at 7:44 PM

Just finished reading the updates.

I'm glad to hear Tigger's still around. I'll keep sending good karma her way.

As for cats giving you the cold shoulder when you've been off on a holiday, ours are completely the opposite. For DAYS after we're home, they sprint to the door and yowls whenever one of us moves.. just in case we were planning to ABANDON them again. No matter that our cat-loving (and cat-owning) neighbour has done a great job not only feeding them but actually spent time playing and socializing with them - We ABANDONED them. And thus we are MEAN HUMINS! And we should learn that Thou Doth Not Abandone Thy Cats!

Best of luck for Tigger.It does sound like there's a tiny approvement day by day. Let's hope she keeps it up!

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2009 at 7:58 PM

Tiggers seems to be having a pretty darn good day today.

No drooling, she's tolerating a small dose of anti-biotic. No hiding. If anything she sat up and acted very snuggly when I came to check on her at lunch, and little bit ago when I came home.
Holding her food down, and acting pretty hungry today - enough to try eating a few bites of ham. I'm watching her try to chew, I'm not sure if she can swallow much (from the tube).

I think she's starting to feel a bit lonely - usually she sleeps with me, and also, when I was at home all th time, she's be with me the whole time too. Right now, she's slept in her cubby for almost a week (she didn't care for the bedroom for a while), and with me being gone most of the day... She's getting a ton of rest and alone time.

Maybe she'll want to spend the night in the bedroom, in her cubby over there for a change - I'll see how active and nosey she is come bedtime.

emay68 ( ) posted Wed, 04 February 2009 at 9:49 PM

I'm glad to hear that you are both having a much better day than you did on Monday.  That sounded horrible.  :sad:  I pray that there are many more good days!  hug  😄

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 4:43 AM

We too hope there are many more good days.  Glad Tigger is feeling a bit better, our best wishes are still with you all.

arbee999 ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 6:04 AM

Glad to hear she had a good day. 👍
Hope you got your bedtime snuggles - I always feel better when the cats are curled up on the bed when I wake up
Keeping up the good thoughts for you and Tig

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 7:44 PM

Tiggers is having another good day. It probably wuold have been really good, but I had to pester her to clean and rebandage her feeding tube incision. (It gets abcessed and gunky). She's tolerating anti biotic for the abscess pretty well. Last couple days she's not only been lifting her head up for me, but sitting up too.

Except right now, she's resting from getting her thing claned, I had to handle her a little bit for that, so she got worn out. No drooling, which means I'm probably managing to keep her toxins on the low end.

Tiggger's and Bubba's birthdays are coming up, on Valentines Day.

LadyElf ( ) posted Thu, 05 February 2009 at 8:13 PM

Glad to hear the good news Connie :)

HUGS to you both girl!!

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 5:29 AM

All the nursing can be tough, it's a bit like having a new baby; when you get into a routine you forget you had a normal life lol.  I'm sure Tigger appreciates it, even though sometimes no she doesn't!  We're all thinking of you, hang in there.

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Fri, 06 February 2009 at 2:49 PM · edited Fri, 06 February 2009 at 2:50 PM

Dear Connie, I am comming into this post late....

I went through a simuliar event(s) with my Panner kitty (*he was 18, born on Feb 14th, 1980). I so know how you feel. I can only say take lots of pics, to share with us, and for you. Your love and devotion is testament to how precious Tiggers is.  Here's to all kitties tenacity and best wishes she can pull a 180 and get all 4 paws under her and be all better. Much love and hopes for the very best.

HuggerZ!

Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 3:55 PM

Thank You Thank You everyone!
I was wiped out tired ysterday by the time I got back from the office.
Tigger is still hanging in there. sometimes tired, other times snuggly.
I think I'm still tired....

FutureFantasyDesign ( ) posted Sat, 07 February 2009 at 3:59 PM

Thoughts and wishes for you both*

Hugs

Ariana

Is there water in your future or is it being shipped away to be resold to you?
Water, the ultimate weapon...

www.futurefantasydesign.com

CardinalBiggles ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 5:04 AM

Still thinking and praying for Tigger, you and your family.  The first thing we do when we come online is to check the Tigger bulletin.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 08 February 2009 at 1:55 PM

Thank You Cardinal Biggles and Ariana!

Tigger is doing pretty good today too. Had a big poo yesterday, I bet she felt a lot better after that.  Today, she's alert again, even decided to take a short walk through the office, and is sitting in her window seat right now. I'm glad she has interest in change of scenery. We had a litle snuggle session too... till she had enough of being handled and petted. She's feeling well enough to be hungry. Not eating much on her own, but she definately keeps trying.

The abscess on her neck/tube incision has gone down, and is drying out. I'm glad that's happening with only half a dose of anti biotic. Full dose seemed a bit heavy on her liver (she would drool)

She has gotten quite skinny though all this, so maybe the stuff (bile) is finding it's way out past the tumor.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.